PDA

View Full Version : Rotation+treath+spec=Tank? help XD

xXArjunXx
11-10-2009, 01:28 PM
Yearh, might sound weird, but I changed from dps to tank duo to the slack of tanks on my server, so I'm seeking out advise and tips :)

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Stormreaver&n=Arjun) = armory

Profiler - Wowhead (http://www.wowhead.com/?profile=eu.stormreaver.arjun) = Wowhead

As you probably can see there's some thins that still needs replacements, help me out here :) I've come to love tanking

What kind of rotation is needed for the best treath output for different situations?

Like: Solo mobs - Groups - Bosses - and so on

And is my spec alright? Or is it far out in the air? :P

Looking forward to some posts that can help me out :)

Griff
11-10-2009, 02:41 PM
Here's a list of things to fix:

Get rid of all of your defense gems.

Change the meta gem in your hat to +stam/2% armor
Change the hybrid gem in your hat to straight stam or expertise/stam
+defense enchant on your cloak
Get Blood Draining for your weapon
Get rid of the +10 stats gem in your belt

do you realize that you have two identical specs and that both of them tad wonky? Get rid of puncture 2/3 and one point of shield spec and pick up deep wounds for one and for the other spec, grab improved disciplines.

For rotation, that has been covered here extensively in previous posts. Keep shield slam, devastate, conc blow revenge and shockwave on cooldown in roughly that order for single target. For aoe tanking, heroic throw on caster, open with charge and a shield slam on your primary kill target, then thunderclap/shockwave/spam cleave, rinse & repeat

Good luck

Aggathon
11-10-2009, 04:24 PM
Here's a list of things to fix:

Get rid of all of your defense gems.

Change the meta gem in your hat to +stam/2% armor
Change the hybrid gem in your hat to straight stam or expertise/stam
+defense enchant on your cloak
Get Blood Draining for your weapon
Get rid of the +10 stats gem in your belt

do you realize that you have two identical specs and that both of them tad wonky? Get rid of puncture 2/3 and one point of shield spec and pick up deep wounds for one and for the other spec, grab improved disciplines.

For rotation, that has been covered here extensively in previous posts. Keep shield slam, devastate, conc blow revenge and shockwave on cooldown in roughly that order for single target. For aoe tanking, heroic throw on caster, open with charge and a shield slam on your primary kill target, then thunderclap/shockwave/spam cleave, rinse & repeat

Good luck

I agree completely with everything Griff says except I'd go for 225 armor to cloak over 16 defense.

Griff
11-10-2009, 04:46 PM
I agree completely with everything Griff says except I'd go for 225 armor to cloak over 16 defense.

I suggested defense as he will need to make up for the gems he should get rid of.

Aggathon
11-10-2009, 09:48 PM
I suggested defense as he will need to make up for the gems he should get rid of.

Ya, but he has the resil enchant, so he only needs 536 defense, so he should be fine.