PDA

View Full Version : DPS Advice

Komatist
11-10-2009, 04:31 AM
Hi guys,

I have been following this forum for a long time, but only registered Yesterday. I really enjoy the help that you guys offer.

At the current moment I am using a mix between a Blood and Unholy build and I get +-2.6k to +-3k DPS with my current gear. I know I am rather undergeared at the moment, but I am trying to farm heroics for badges.

I would like to know what enchants, gems and items to go for at the current moment, as I am trying to get into TOC10 groups.

My rotation is PS > IT > HS > HS > DS > RP Dump then HS x 3 > DS > RP Dump.

My Armory link : The World of Warcraft Armory (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Twilight%27s+Hammer&n=Vampdeath)

I would greatly appreciate any advice and suggestions.

Oranuworu
11-10-2009, 08:24 AM
Dancing Rune Weapon is a better choice than Unholy Blight.

Kazeyonoma
11-10-2009, 10:07 AM
Armory Link posts, go in the Armory forum!

moved.

Komatist
11-11-2009, 12:44 AM
Armory Link posts, go in the Armory forum!

moved.

My humble apologies, I will try and post in the right forum.

Dancing Rune Weapon is a better choice than Unholy Blight.

That is a valid point, although I tend to forget to use DRW sometimes. I know it sounds silly, but I thought that UB might be a constant DoT? I will try using the DRW build nonetheless, I just need to remind myself to use it :)

As for my gear, what upgrades/enchants and gemming would you recommend?

Regards

Xzanthos
11-11-2009, 03:23 AM
You're not doing too bad really. Try this for a spec though Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#jfVMVh0Icfkf0stZfzhhxc:IpGMmV), I had a similar thought to you with the Unholy Blight, which really, might be better for heroics, but I'd stick with the standard spec for when you do pickups.

For Glyphs, Dark Death, Dancing Rune Weapon, Death Strike. Your rotation is good, but as far as RP dump goes, don't dump all your RP, only until enough runes refresh to start up your rotation again. You can let them sit "cooled down" for 2 seconds, meaning; if you use them as soon as they refresh it'll trigger a 10 second cooldown on that rune, where as if it's been readied it'll be triggered with an 8 second cooldown, use that to your advantage.

Your gemming/enchants look pretty good, a few minor things I'd change though. 20 str gem in legs instead of 8str/12 sta. 20str gem in shoulders. Rarely will you gem for socket bonus's, the theory is stack str all the way until I believe 6200(?)AP raid buffed, which them ArP gains over str. Haste is supposed to be better for cloak than agility, I wouldn't worry about switching it, just keep that in mind for the future. Not sure if you went with 38AP on bracers instead of 50 due to funds or not, that bracer is decent enough where you might want 50 attack power on it.

Try and time your DRW with your disease refresh round. Your DRW will also apply IT/PS and your HS gains bonus damage from those as well. A little tip, use this macro:

#show Dancing Rune Weapon
/cast [target=player] Dancing Rune Weapon

You should make one for Hysteria that casts DRW as well

#show Hysteria
/cast [target=player] Hysteria
/cast [target=player] Dancing Rune Weaon

I'm not sure if it changed with the pet patch, but before, by default DRW would spawn in front of the mob, with that macro it will spawn behind.

Save your Triumph badges for Sigil of Virulence, it's really solid.

I started out as main specced DPS, take a look at this thread Blood Simple - A Consolidated Blood DK DPS Guide - Elitist Jerks (http://elitistjerks.com/f72/t61176-blood_simple_consolidated_blood_dk_dps_guide/) There is tons of useful information there.

Hope this helps.

Komatist
11-11-2009, 03:51 AM
Hi, and thanks for the advice!

Not sure if you went with 38AP on bracers instead of 50 due to funds or not, that bracer is decent enough where you might want 50 attack power on it.

As far as I can remember, I did that enchant to level my Enchanting, and to be honest, completely forgot to change that to +50AP as soon as I got that. Thanks for pointing that out, I will change that tonight.

Thanks for the advice, I will do some changes tonight and report back tomorrow with the results. :)

Komatist
11-12-2009, 06:54 AM
Hi guys, I did the recommended changes and I am glad to report that I saw a significant improvement in DPS :)

We did a heroic Violet Hold last night, I got 4.4k DPS from Cyanigosa, compared to mid 3k averages on previous fights, so I am really happy!

One thing though,

You should make one for Hysteria that casts DRW as well

#show Hysteria
/cast [target=player] Hysteria

That Macro didn't work. It casted Hysteria, but not DRW. I copied it directly from here. Maybe I did something wrong?

Thanks for the great advice folks!

Xzanthos
11-12-2009, 01:07 PM
Hi guys, I did the recommended changes and I am glad to report that I saw a significant improvement in DPS :)

We did a heroic Violet Hold last night, I got 4.4k DPS from Cyanigosa, compared to mid 3k averages on previous fights, so I am really happy!

One thing though,

That Macro didn't work. It casted Hysteria, but not DRW. I copied it directly from here. Maybe I did something wrong?

Thanks for the great advice folks!

I know this might be a silly question, but did you have the required 60 runic power to cast DRW?

Komatist
11-13-2009, 12:00 AM
I know this might be a silly question, but did you have the required 60 runic power to cast DRW?

I was testing on a boss-dummy and had more than the required amount of RP needed. I'm not sure if I made a stupid mistake?

On another note, I had an overall 4k average on VoA25 last night, so I am very happy with the help you guys gave me :)

Xzanthos
11-13-2009, 03:47 AM
I was testing on a boss-dummy and had more than the required amount of RP needed. I'm not sure if I made a stupid mistake?

On another note, I had an overall 4k average on VoA25 last night, so I am very happy with the help you guys gave me :)

I just checked my macro and this is it copied directly from it:

#show Hysteria
/use Potion of Speed
/cast [target=Xzanthos] Hysteria
/cast Blood Fury

The target=Xzanthos in Hystera should be the same as target=player, but Hysteria is working anyhow. I'm really not sure why it's not working for you :\ I'm glad to hear your DPS has improved though :)