PDA

View Full Version : should i stack more stam?

Jonesey
11-09-2009, 11:22 PM
i am wondering if i should regem and get rid of a few socket bonus's for more stam? or should i just work on getting better gear for more stam?
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dawnbringer&n=Jonesey) thats my warrior lemme know what u guys think.

Muffin Man
11-09-2009, 11:42 PM
You're socketting looks fine to me. You could squeeze some more stamina if you chose, and someone will probably tell you to min-max it that way. But I think it's fine for now.

Although it does depend on the content you're planning. You can do Ulduar no problem, ready for 10 man hardmodes too, possibly some 25 man hardmodes but that's not something I've tried so i can't really say.

You can do ToC no problem. ToGC you're not quite ready for and I don't think regemming will change that. So I'd just hold out for better gear.

One suggestion I do have since I despise Wyrmguard's so much for anything other than a block/farm/heroics set. Get the Legplates of Abandoned Fealty, they'll at least get you some more expertise which is the only think that worries me when I see your toon (13 is half of where you want to be generally speaking). But that's just me being anal, since you'll probably go back to Wyrmguard or even want Wrynn's anyways for the stamina/armor when you do tackle harder content.

Item Comparison Tool - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?compare=47171;45842;48445)

Aggathon
11-10-2009, 12:48 AM
You're socketting looks fine to me. You could squeeze some more stamina if you chose, and someone will probably tell you to min-max it that way. But I think it's fine for now.

You rang?

Yes, I would strongly advocate that you get you some more stam, at only 33.6k unbuffed, that's a tad on the low side, though like Muffin Man said, it kinda depends on your content.

But... Gemming for socket bonuses is generally only done if it is a good socket bonus. A good socket bonus is typically defined as hitting anything that gives you +9 stam or more...

Gemming:

If you replace all of your +stam gems you'd get over 700 more hit points buffed, which I consider a significant amount (it's like 63 stam + vitality and kings) That's counting keeping the red/blue gem in your legs so that you get your meta requirement.

Enchanting:

I'd recommend changing the following:
Shoulders: Get the 30stam/15 resil PvP enchant, it's too much stam to pass up imo.

Cloak: 225 Armor is generally considered the best tanking enchant at the moment, I'd highly recommend it

Weapon: I like blood draining, mongoose is alright, though statistically from a raw avoidance perspective bladewarding is better, but that also neglects the armor gained from Agi, and the crit, but I think the crit part is kinda meh. So... decent enchant, but if you feel like tweaking, looking at the others might not be terrible.

Shield: This is a very hotly debated topic. I would say 18 stam to shield, there are a lot that would advocate 20 defense, and others that say "screw trying to decide, go with 81 BV!!!" So... kinda up to you, I say stam.

Boots: I actually like Tuskarr's Vitality over 22 stam. The utility can save the raid in other ways, it is a very useful enchant.

Gloves: If you need the threat, stick with what ya got, otherwise go for 240 armor to gloves, imo.

While I'm at it: Spec: Take 2 points out of rend and 2 points out of spell reflect and put them into imp HS and Deep Wounds. Deep Wounds is AMAZING, max it. Rend is pretty meh for prot, keeping HS uptime as high as possible is good for threat and decreasing it's rage cost helps a lot. I'd also say move 3 points in shield spec into focused rage, but that's another playstyle/preference choice.

Glyphs: Drop sunder Armor and Barbaric Insults. Pick up any combination of Devastate/Last Stand/Shield wall instead.

swelt
11-10-2009, 02:00 AM
I'd agree with Muffin Man - unless you are about to make a big jump and start raiding some hard content, it's not going to be worth re-gemming your current gear, but you might want to consider everything Aggathon says as and when you do get upgrades. You'd get a more tangible benefit from upgrading a few key items (legs/boots/shield)

Zephurus
11-10-2009, 05:04 AM
ditch the socket bonus with +Def, keep others.
Mongoose is best enchant overall for a tank atm; especially on that Ony's blade.

Athenodorus
11-10-2009, 05:40 AM
The mongoose thing is as hotly debated as the shield enchant thing, heh.