PDA

View Full Version : Low Hitpoints

sillypuddy
11-09-2009, 09:29 PM
hey i am a frost DK and i'm not sure but i believe i am decently geared, but for some reason my hp is only at 30.2k unbuffed while i see other people such as pallys at 41k or even just 35k and above. should i not gem for socket bonuses? or what am i doing wrong? do i just need better gear?

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Windrunner&n=Sillypuddy)

Aggathon
11-09-2009, 09:39 PM
First: get epic +30 stam gems. Second: no, don't gem for socket bonuses except the one in your leg, hit that with a 10dodge/15stam gem, at least that's what I would recommend if you need hps.

Lerius
11-09-2009, 09:45 PM
I don't have much time to give a lengthy reply, but I'll give you some tips.

First off you are missing an arcanum on your head and a few other enchants. The "Arcanum of the Stalwart protector" is the best enchant for taking atm. I believe you need revered with the argent crusade to buy it, so start grinding rep with them. you can also buy a 30 stam shoulder enchant from SW with 10k honor so pvp a bit too.

Second, you have ALOT of green gems. I know we all hate farming gold, but to be at the top of your tanking game your going to need the most expensive stuff out there. At least start with all blue gems as they are only about 10g a piece. You can move on to epics once you have quite a bit of gold as they are about 150g a piece.

Thirdly you have ALOT of dodge gems. Yes..., dodge is good for dk's, but these days stam is the way to go. If you really want to get into high level content you are going to need to stack stam like a beast. I also see a lot of hit rating. If you are having real threat issues then have a bit of hit to help, but if your threat is fine put in stam instead.

I also see your professions arnt the best for a tank but it is not a big issue. Mining and BS are my preference as 60 stam and 2 gem slots are ideal for stacking stamina.

Lastly, you are missing the big stam trinkets that really up your hp. If you missed brewfest then you are screwed for a year. Things you can do is get the Black Heart from toc off of The Black Knight. If you get lucky enough you could also get the stam trinket off of ignis. (I have still yet to get one.)

Overall just gear smart. Do some research and find every possible bonus to your gear. "Gear for dodge and gem for stam" is the dk way. Basically just make some money and run some raids. GL

Lightshard
11-10-2009, 02:58 AM
A few things:

Fully Enchant your gear. It is extremely beneficial and will pump your stamina up.

Get some stamina trinkets. Your main options are the Essence of Gossamer out of AN Heroic and The Black Heart out of ToC 5 Regular.

Gem for stamina, this will greatly increase your stamina. Anything with 9 stamina or higher is good to go for a socket bonus. I advise the 10 Agility/15 Stamina, or the 10 Defense Rating/15 Stamina, or their lesser equivalents. This should help getting you more stamina without at the cost of avoidance.

Hope this helps,
-Lightshard