PDA

View Full Version : Please help me improve my dps(fury245)

ufox
11-08-2009, 04:56 PM
Hey everyone

I really need some help from u pros) to help me improve dps, because it isnt what it should be with the gear im using. Stable dps on a training dummy that im able to hold for 5+ mins is 3.5-3.8... sometimes i could hit 5k+ but then it always goes back to 3.5+... In raids its around 4k.... while other fury warriors are able to pull off 5.5k+(almost same gear) under same buffs on a single boss without mobs running around.

Here are my stats:

damage 1753-2038
speed 3.39/3.30
power 4976
hit rating 294
crit chance 33.34%(arp 506 / 36.15%)
exp 26/26 (6.50% rating 217)
strength 1787

Ive got 245 helmet, 245 shoulders and 245 ring... 1 piece 232 and rest is 226 and couple 219 and 200s accesories... 219 axe, 232 axe, 219 rifle...

The reason why Im concerned is bcoz furys with lower gear are able to perform almost as good as me or occasionaly better, every one says that my dps should be way higher than this... My first spec is tank, but I also would like to have a decent dps...

So I would appreciate very much if you guys could help me out with this.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. wowarmory shows wrong stats for some reason, but the gear is correct.

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=%D0%91%D0%BE%D1%80%D0%B5%D0%B9%D1%81%D 0%BA%D0%B0%D1%8F+%D1%82%D1%83%D0%BD%D0%B4%D1%80%D0 %B0&n=%D0%AE%D1%84%D0%BE%D0%BA%D1%81)

Thegreatme
11-08-2009, 05:04 PM
If you have any parses available that would be very useful in determining any rotation issues.

Things I noticed while looking at your armory:

you are gemming for crit, change those to str gems, as str is pretty much always valued higher than crit.

you do not have a glyph on heroic strike and instead have a glyph of victory rush. change that. you are going to get way more use out of a HS glyph than you will a victory rush glyph.

you have massacre on your weapons instead of berserking. berserking brings much mroe DPS gain than massacre does so change those enchants.

MellvarTank
11-09-2009, 09:28 AM
I can't look at the armory, but I'll go through the same thing that everyone else goes through....

1) Gem strength UNLESS you are not at 26/26 expertise (then you can gem some expertise) or require a different color to activate your meta gem (which you shouldn't, as far as I recall you need 2 blue [use purple stam/expertise or stam/str] and one red [or yellow? I can't remember which it requires...]).

2) Always stand behind or beside the boss.

3) Manage your rage effectively. BT/WW, slam when proc'd. That is your rotation. Heroic strike/shouts/sunder armor are only if rage permits.

ufox
11-09-2009, 06:04 PM
If you have any parses available that would be very useful in determining any rotation issues.

Things I noticed while looking at your armory:

you are gemming for crit, change those to str gems, as str is pretty much always valued higher than crit.

you do not have a glyph on heroic strike and instead have a glyph of victory rush. change that. you are going to get way more use out of a HS glyph than you will a victory rush glyph.

you have massacre on your weapons instead of berserking. berserking brings much mroe DPS gain than massacre does so change those enchants.

Thanks. Ive changed both axes to berserker as youve suggested... now i get a constant 3.8-4k, although ive noticed that when 1 of my axes had berserker and the other had massacre the dps was slightly higher... I dont know mayb its due to lack of strenght. Ive also swaped two gems from crit to strenght... If I swap any more than i get less crit attacks... -everything seems fine if i stay above 32.50%.
(I forgot to post my hit rating yesterday, its 294)

Just by looking at my numbers what do you guys think i should improve?
Can you please tell me what are the caps(hit, crit, arp, etc...), because Ive been told that i should aim for 37-40% crit...

My usual rotation is WW/BT, slam.

ufox
11-09-2009, 06:13 PM
Manage your rage effectively. BT/WW, slam when proc'd. That is your rotation. Heroic strike/shouts/sunder armor are only if rage permits.

Does it matter if i do WW first and then BT, or is that a standart rotation?

I tend not to use HS at all bcoz it just drains rage, usually its slam and cleaves when multiple enemies.

P.S. Thanks for your responses!

Quietsch
11-10-2009, 01:14 PM
First to your questions:
Softcap, hit: 164 hit with 3/3 precision (Only for styles, but hit hardcap is really useless.)
Expertise softcap: 26 Expertise/214 rating
Arp Hardcap: 1399
Arp softcap: depending on your procc trinket, if you have GT it's 787, with Mjolnir Runestone it's 734.
There isn't a "Critcap". It's only, that crit doesn't affect your white hits after you've 76-(27-hit) crit. Stylecritcap is 100%.

The normal/best rotation is WW/BT > Slam, and using HS all the time you got enough rage.

The value of crit is really dependant of your other stats, if you got for example 5000ap, and 20% crit, you should only gem crit, while it's a bad stat, if you've 4000ap and 40% crit. At your momentan gear lvl/stats, there should be crit nearly as good as str, because you have relative low crit. (As short form, the more ap you get, the more the value of crit increases.)

There are some great mistakes in your gear, especially the meta gem (21 agi/3% crit dmg is best, while yours isn't really worth the money it costs.) Also your Titan-Forged Rune is a worse Trinket. A good alternative would be the Mirror of Truth, Darkmooncard:Greatness.
Also it should be your aim, to get another T9 piece.