PDA

View Full Version : Geared enough for ToGC(10m)?

Achillezbak
11-07-2009, 11:49 PM
Hello I'm an officer of a small guild and have been playing and tanking on a warrior since the game was released(on and off). Attempted 10m ToGC last night and it was rocky to say the least. I went in with around 36,360 hp unbuffed. with alot of mitigation and realized that night afterward it wouldn't be the answer. So I changed some gems around and I now stand at 37,996 unbuffed. The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning%27s+Blade&cn=Achillezbak&gn=One+Tree+Heal) I have zero threat issues but didn't really understand or have to worry about the Impale mechanic until last night after the raid. Any help or constructive critsism would be much appreciated!. It was a pug with only myself,Stupidiot(disc priest) and Teetinator(feral druid tank). Check them out also if you don't mind! :D THX!!

Lectux
11-07-2009, 11:53 PM
The impale damage increasing as the boss gains a buff called "Rising Anger", that might be the causes of your death. poping cooldowns when he gains 3-4 stacks is the key imo.

TomHuxley
11-08-2009, 12:24 AM
Your spec could be improved. For ToGC you'll need to have 2/2 Imp Disc (plus the SW glyph), and I'd recommend Imp Disarm as well (since you can avoid impales by disarming Gormorak).

If your other tank is roughly equally geared then vigilance can be nice to put on him for the 2% reduction in damage, otherwise skip it.

Since threat isn't an issue take the points out of cruelty and/or impale IMO.

Edit: I know that threat has generally not been an issue...but how far ahead are you in your current build/gear? ToGC has much steeper DPS requirements then ToC, and failing to get them down in time will wipe you no matter what. Do you know what your raid DPS was on the attempts?

Achillezbak
11-08-2009, 12:36 AM
IMp disc I understand so i will look into that as well as the glyphs. But I was under the impression that in Heroic he can not be disarmed. And I spec out of vig cause impale overall gives me more tps than vig(broken). Dps might have been a problem if we got to a point thatI could tell. but everyone was pulling 4.5k to 5.5k besides a mage which lied and was pulling 3.5 consistently :/....3 healers or 2? ive seen both work our holy pally pug was pulling 5.5k at all times with a disc priest and resto shammy hitting 3k to 3.5k. I know beacon helped on that but even so seemed VERY low for the shammy.

Achillezbak
11-08-2009, 12:38 AM
Also any links you guys could send me that has a detailed description of each boss fight and exactly what they do would be helpful. Videos seem to be a little bit less helpful. thx! :D

Lectux
11-08-2009, 01:06 AM
Bosskillers World of Warcraft Bosses, Guides, Movie Reviews and Guild Kills (http://www.Bosskillers.com)

luv2tank
11-08-2009, 01:39 AM
Your spec could be improved. For ToGC you'll need to have 2/2 Imp Disc (plus the SW glyph), and I'd recommend Imp Disarm as well (since you can avoid impales by disarming Gormorak).

?

pretty sure you cant disarm gormak in heroic.

As for your spec, its honestly up to you. Mine is linked to my armory link, peep it. I dont see a point for damage shield since my SBV is very low-and i dont see it proc much. I glyph last stand and shield wall for 2min cd's on both. 3rd glyph is your choice, i use devastate for additional threat. Not needed tho, glyph of taunt is helpful-i notice its somewhat necessary for gormak incase you miss or you dont have vig on the other tank.

Like the person above stated, holy paladins are pretty much OP in togc in my view. we run w/ a resto shaman, druid and a holy pally. Works like a charm, not sure what access you have to those types of healers.

Kajllersyn
11-08-2009, 01:54 AM
Change your cloak enchant imo , you're pretty well over defense cap , get 225 armor :)