PDA

View Full Version : I am a noob

darthnegrus
11-07-2009, 06:01 PM
I am allways doing something wrong ever since i left my friends guild and joined a bigger one ppl turm e down, I have this char and as a tank I allways get underagroed even by dps I lose control of mobs all the time. Should I resspec, or just go DPS cos i suck at tanking, I run hc very well and done onyxia10 and toc 10, but I am allways on the edge I was named "Stressado" (the stressed one) by my GM
my rotation is standart blood and my gear i dont think is so bad The World of Warcraft Armory (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Darthnegrus)

I gemmed for hit but ppl sai i should go for stamina i have the The World of Warcraft Armory (http://eu.wowarmory.com/item-info.xml?i=49306) but dont use it cos of hit rating i use the rune strike macro, also.

I feel I am getting a bad rep and soon no one will pick me

vine
11-07-2009, 11:24 PM
Most of Blood's attacks are melee so Expertise is actually slightly more valuable. Swap some gear around and get your expertise up to 26, you should notice a huge difference in threat. If you want specific feedback post a combat log.

Xzanthos
11-08-2009, 06:17 PM
Your gear is fine, you shouldn't be having aggro problems unless your DPS outgear you quite a bit, the problem is likely your rotation.

I've only dabbled in blood, but I believe (someone please correct me if I'm wrong) your rotation should look something like: IT, PS, HS, HS, DS (runes on cooldown) DS, HS HS HS HS. Rinse and repeat.

Make sure every single attack you have has Rune Strike bound to it.

Make a macro like this:

#show Heart Strike
/startattack
/cast Rune Strike
/cast !Heart Strike

Make one like that for each of your attacks, this will make sure you use Rune Strike on every attack possible. I don't believe the ! before the Heart Strike is needed anymore, but I'm not positive (doesn't hurt to have it :P) Also, know your rotation and the next skill you're going to use, when your runes are on cooldown start pressing the skill you're going to use when those runes refresh, this way you'll activate Rune Strike regardless.

If aggro is still an issue (and even regardless if it's not), make sure Hunters are misdirecting onto you, and Rogues are Tricks of the Trading you, depending on the boss, a single Tricks of the Trade > Killingspree (usually within the for 15 seconds on my Rogue) should keep the boss stuck to you.

Hope this helps.

Wars
11-08-2009, 06:27 PM
Yes you are more than likely not macro'n runestrike to all of you rune related abilities. Whenever I run blood my #1 attack is usually HS because it just hits so damn hard.

You also don't even have to have a macro that complicated.
I usually run
#showtooltip Heart Strike
/cast Heart Strike
/cast Rune Strike

And that's that. As blood my dk never worried about aggro unless it was a large aoe pack and D&D was down, and the dps started early(read: whelps on onyxia in a pug).

If you are macro'n these rune strikes in then I think you are screwing up your rotation somewhere. Your gear looks quite fine to run most any raid. Make sure your dps are playing stupid. It is your job to judge who can play as the tank, get learning! If you need some dk resources(aka threads which you should read anyway) say so and I'll link em for ya.

vine
11-08-2009, 08:56 PM
You don't need /startattack in your macro.

ghromorth
11-08-2009, 09:35 PM
#showtooltip Heart Strike
/cast Heart Strike
/cast !Rune Strike

A little correction to the macro above. And you are fine in exp and hit. I think that maybe your rotation is not good enough:
try: IT-PS-DS-HSx2-DS-HSx4
For aoe: DnD-IT-PS-pest-BB

Try changing your soulder enchant for the pvp one.

Ask for MD and ToT if you have a rogue or hunter

vine
11-08-2009, 10:05 PM
Congrats on the weapon upgrade, that's gone a long way to getting your expertise up.