PDA

View Full Version : Which Item to Upgrade?

Exius
11-07-2009, 02:11 PM
Hey guys,

I am currently unsure about what I should gear next from the tier/triumph vendors. I have one trophy and 150 triumph badges.
I would like to upgrade one piece to tier 9.25 using my trophy. My question is, all things considered, what should I upgrade using my trophy?

I am concerned that I will sacrifice too much hit if I upgrade my helm. But I want to get the four piece bonus from the tier 9. Any tips about gemming and enchanting more effectively would be a great help.

Here is my armory link: The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Jubei%27Thos&n=Exius)

Thanks,

Exius

proudmoore
11-08-2009, 08:35 AM
If you don't want to loose any hit, you could consider waiting another week and hoping for the heroic Boots of the Lingering Vortex from Twins-10-H.

Either way, I would upgrade the helm. From your gearing, you care a great deal about maximising your effective health, for which the item level increase will more than cover (since the Tier helm has a 12 sta socket bonus), and you'll still have the Judgement crown to swap in if there's a particular fight in which you desperately need the hit rating. The higher strength and block value will help with making up the threat you loose from the hit rating.

The breastplate, on the other hand, is near identical to the one from Anub-10-hard (which, as you have 4/5 in ToGC-10, is probably reasonably within grasp) - or even inferior; and merely replaces some expertise with strength and parry.

Unless you're fairly sure that you'll be able to acquire further Trophies in the immediate future, I'd also consider buying the Glyph of Indomitability to replace the Royal Seal. In my own gear, they're roughly equivalent effective health against physical attacks; but the Glyph has a superior activated effect and reduces the damage you take, rather than merely soaking it.

Exius
11-08-2009, 11:22 AM
Thanks for your advice. It is really helpful!
I was wondering about the glyph of indomitability as I have considered picking it up over the Royal Seal. I have 75 badges at the moment so I could pick it up now if I wanted.
Do you think that trinket is suitable for all fights or is it one that I will need to switch out based on the situation I am tanking?
In addition, do you think that my hit rating, which is now at approximately 3.5% is enough to pass on glyphing glyph of righteous defence?

Thanks for your answer.