PDA

View Full Version : Just starting out

Heric
11-07-2009, 12:49 PM
So i quit wow and just started back up again, haven't really experienced any WotLK. in the past few days since i've been 80 i've farmed all the gold/gear i could to be somewhat viable. I was just looking for some experience players thoughts on what raids my gear is at at the moment, as well as heroics. also if what do you think are the most noteable upgrades i need right now? you can critique the spec but i need to change it anyways, i somehow skipped warbringer while leveling.

here's the armory

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Mannoroth&n=Her%C3%ACc)

araisbeck
11-07-2009, 04:33 PM
First off, I would suggest dropping 3/3 Focused Rage for 2/2 Improved Disciplines and 1/1 Warbringer. Also, you'll need to finish off your Glyphs. Major-wise, I'd say grab Shield Wall and switch out Revenge for either Devastate or Taunt. Minor-wise, grab Thunder Clap and switch out Battle for Commanding. The combination of Imp Disciplines and Glyph of Shield Wall will give you a 40% reduction to damage on a 2 minute cooldown, and Commanding Shout is generally better for tanking.

Second, keep farming Heroics. Most of your blues can be replaced by emblem gear. Shard of the Crystal Forest, Gloves of the Royal Watch, Shieldwarder Girdle, and Signet of the Impregnable Fortress come to mind. If you were to farm any Heroic, farm H ToC every day. You can get both Peacekeeper Blade and Mark of the Relentless there.

Looks like you could just about start tanking raids, just make sure you get your Defense up to 540 (and possibly your Expertise up to 26) through some new gear from emblems or H ToC. If I were to suggest some starter raids for you, I'd say Naxx 10 and OS 10 (only after you hit 540 Defense).

One last thing... how did you get your hands on Breastplate of the White Knight right after hitting 80? On Thunderhorn it's currently going for 20k on the AH.

Heric
11-08-2009, 11:34 AM
i made a ton of gold leveling up and my brother has a warrior that had some of the mats from mining and raiding, basically i bought all the titansteel bars and he provided the rest. i passed on getting epic flying to spend gold on gear, it was alot of gold but well worth it for the added boost the crafted gear can get me. so glyph of revenge isn't worth it at 80? and yeah some of the glyphs and spec stuff i sort of ignored because i was so focused on getting some gear. really appreciate the feedback!