PDA

View Full Version : -3 Weeks Later- How is it coming together? :)

Ashonn
11-06-2009, 02:41 PM
Hello!

As always I've been lurking these forums along with the elitistjerks forums when I'm not playing the game (or sometimes being caught afk in groups because I'm here instead :o), but for the point of my post: I'm returning to post 3 weeks after my last advice post. My last post was made when I had just returned after my pre-3.2 break, and I got some very helpful gear advice thanks to you guys, which I've been working on hard and finding upgrades where I can.

My "GearScore" has risen from below 4k to just under 5k right now and I am currently tanking everything except for 25m ToTC and 10m/25m ToGC. I'm sitting at [unbuffed] almost 26k armor, 37k hp, 548 defense, 147 hit rating, 19 expertise, 26.52% dodge, 20.75% parry, 16.58% block.

I have recently got some upgrades, as well as changed some gemming in my gear because I noticed I was having some threat issues sitting at around 9 expertise and 120 hit rating unbuffed. I started researching it and realized that if you need to gem to make up for holes in your gear, then so be it even if you lose some popular HP or avoidance. Am I wrong? I haven't had any issues with survival at all, so I figured I could spare some HP and avoidance to raise my expertise and hit rating up to help my threat out.

Anyways, where should I be placing my focus right now? I have access to triumph badges with raids and the daily heroic, I have access to conquest badges out the yin-yang I am severely overgeared for heroics so no issues there. I have access to almost any raid I want, except for the ones listed above because I don't believe I am geared enough for it (feel free to tell me otherwise).

So what now would you all recommend for me? How's my spec, gemming, gear, enchants?

Any help provided is greatly appreciated, and I thank you all for your time.

Armory: The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Tichondrius&n=Ashonn)

Edit: I'd also like to point out that, if it's not obvious, I am trying to get myself geared for 3.3 so I do not have to wait, or waste time, doing current content when that patch is dropped. I would like to be prepared for the new content and be able to jump straight into it tanking like there's no tomorrow. :)

krc
11-06-2009, 02:54 PM
Your gemming and enchanting looks pretty good, the only thing I would change is switching out 22 defense to 275 health maybe 18 stam to 240 armor and 22 stamina to Tuskar's Vitality.

Your spec and glyphs look great also. With your triumph badges I would grab the t9 legs before anything else available. Make sure you keep doing Ony 25 weekly, the ring is a great upgrade over Band of the Traitor King because of the 800 armor along with the 25 man helmet of wrath. There isn't many upgrades left for you to get in 10 man ToC and you should be geared enough to start 25 man ToC if you use your cooldowns intelligently.

Ashonn
11-06-2009, 03:07 PM
May I ask why you choose Tuskars Vitality over 22 sta? True, it's only a difference of 70 HP, but the run speed increase is almost unnecessary isn't it?

krc
11-06-2009, 03:13 PM
Tuskar's Vitality will reduce very many wipes because it gives you more room for error which could wipe the raid completely and it's nice for Off tanking when you have to run around to pick up adds. An example where it is really useful is Icehowl's Massive Crash in 25 man ToGC where a small error could wipe the raid in those type of situations Tuskar's Vitality is very useful and will save you alot of wipes.