PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Tank needs on Enchants

1stormchaser
11-06-2009, 08:20 AM
Hi. I need some advice on my current setup.

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Misha&n=Obsessed)

I know my Defense is a little too high and Iím thinking of replacing some of my enchants with Stamina ones but first I was thinking about replacing the gem in my Helmit with that of the Earthsiege Diamond. Austere Earthsiege Diamond - Item - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=41380)

Question on this on this matter is will the lose of the 5% Shield Block Value hurt more than the gain of Stamina?

On the Chest, I canít make up my mind if to leave the Defense on it or go to Powerful Stats (+10 All) or Super Health (+275 Health)

On the Shield, Iím thinking about putting the Titanium Plating on the Shield but unsure exactly how much 40 Block Value will really help.

One last thing which has nothing to with my Defense rating. On my weapon, I donít need the hit any longer. Is Blade Warding viable? Iím not sure if Mongoose; Executioner or Exceptional Agility is better for warrior tanks any longer.

Any help here would be appreciated since Iím poor and can not afford experimenting.

Halandir
11-06-2009, 11:49 AM
Austere Earthsiege Diamond - Item - World of Warcraft is the best tanking meta, you'll want to get it!

I'd keep defense to shield, go 275 health to chest, get a 30 stamina + 15 resilience shoulder enchant, and put 225 armor on your cloak. Your gems look fine.

MellvarTank
11-06-2009, 11:55 AM
There is actually a huge discussion on the weapon enchants right now in the Theory & mehcanics (I think) talking about mongoose, blood draining, and Bladeward.

Essentially: since the DR has been put on dodge (3.2) bladeward is viable for avoidance.

Sproutster
11-06-2009, 12:11 PM
No question you should change your metagem.

Other than that, change the bracer enchant to stam even if it puts you below the expertise softcap. If you can afford the defense, put stamina and armor on chest/cloak and keep it on the shield. I'm a fan of blood draining but that might change in ICC.

Once you have some more expertise gear from ToC (it's loaded with it) try 240 armor to gloves.

The reason why people are suggesting these changes is that we all need to gem/enchant for effective health (armor and stam) as you're trying to tank harder hitting bosses. Block value and block rating provide very little help when you're getting hit by northrend beasts.