PDA

View Full Version : Need Help! Im Dying!

Hellsangel
11-05-2009, 03:13 PM
Hello!

i got some questions around some gear, stats and boss encounters..

First of all a link to my armory: The World of Warcraft Armory (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Stormscale&n=Hells%C3%A2ngel)

Raid buffed about 52 600 HP, 31 500 armor, 27% dodge, 24% parry and as you can see (only) 28 EXPERTISE!

Now then, as you can see im not expertise capped against parries (said on this forum to be 57)

And now to the encounter, Gormok the impaler, Trial of the Grand Crusader 25!

I got problems with taking ALOT of damage here, sometimes hits for close to 40 000, with him having 2 buffs and me with 1-2 debuffs..
Could this be a result of parryhaste from the boss? Because i could'nt figure out if there were a parry before taking a spike like that..
Could it be some other ability etc?

Should i gem for more expertise?

Hoping for helpful response! next raid due sunday!

Sorry the grammas, hope its understandable atleast!

Thank you
//Hells

jere
11-05-2009, 03:20 PM
Gormok doesn't parry haste. It's turned off for him.

Vanthus
11-05-2009, 03:36 PM
Your gear looks very good and your spec is decent.

The first thing I would do is take the 3/3 from Ravenous Dead and put it in Will of the Necropolis.
Also put another point into Blade Barrier...that 1% might be enough to keep you alive.

You also are using glyph of Obliterate when you are not specced for it. Change that to glyph of Death Strike for the extra healing.

Hellsangel
11-05-2009, 03:54 PM
Oh, thanks for reminding me about the glyph, just changed specc so..
So he cant parryhaste, you got any idea why im taking those spikes, as i said sometimes for almost 40k, and thats like a second or two after taking a 10-15-20k hit maybe..

Kazeyonoma
11-05-2009, 03:56 PM
Wrong forum, read rules before posting.

Moved.

Also, Gormok, just hits incredibly hard, you should be using minor cooldowns during your first rotation, and depending where you are on the rotation have another tank taunt off of you by 2-3 impale stacks. During your second rotation of tanking, you'll need to use major cooldowns to survive, and probably a bop to cleanse the impale stacks off of you. If he's not dead by 2 tank rotations, you won't kill him in time before worms anyways.

vine
11-06-2009, 09:10 AM
Most hard hitting bosses have parry-hasting disabled these days, Blizzard doesn't want us tanks getting gibbed. More expertise will only really help your threat.
I've been moving away from stacking stam and gearing for armour. Grab the badge trinket and pick up either the ring from 10man Twins or the ring from Onyxia, swap your glove and cloak enchants to armour. You'll notice a huge difference in incoming damage.