PDA

View Full Version : getting killed in 25M TOC

hvaltierra
11-04-2009, 08:46 PM
so i tanked 25m toc and i was gettin ghit hard. i dont think my gear is that bad and im stacking stam i have the brewfest trinkets and the ony trinket. can some one tell me what going on. should i switch my gems up or stick to stam. heres a link to my armory
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Kel%27Thuzad&n=L%C3%BFcos)

Toblerone
11-04-2009, 10:17 PM
What fights are you getting hit hard on? Everything in general, or certain fights like Beasts or certain mobs like Anub'arak adds? Is it heroic mode or normal mode? More details would be really useful as some of the encounters are designed to hit hard, while others have certain elements that can take your healers off guard.

Your gear looks more than adequate to run 25m ToC without much trouble. So without further detail it's really hard to tell what's happening and whether certain changes would help or if it's just up to the healers to press their heal button harder.

Aggathon
11-04-2009, 10:45 PM
Gear/spec/gemming look fine though I'd go with dodge/stam or expertise/stam over parry/stam in your pants.

I suppose the "survival" spec is acceptable, though I personally prefer 15/3/53.

As far as enchanting goes:
225 Armor to cloak
Blood Draining on weapon
240 Armor to gloves
30stam/15 resil enchant to shoulder

Other than that your gear does seem sufficient to tank ToC25 no problem, so I'd agree with the above poster named after a delicious chocolate candy, we need more information about what is happening. Is it gormok? Are you not shield walling a high number of impales? Are you sitting down? Is someone punching you irl when you play WoW and that's what you mean by getting hit hard?

Btw, the later in the night I post, the weirder random comments like that will get, and I'm working nights now, so y'all may be in for a treat =P.

hvaltierra
11-04-2009, 11:13 PM
from what i noticed the worms were hitting me hard. and anub was nailing me i got 2 or 3 shotted when i started anub i dont know if maby the healers just werent on point or what. then the 2nd time i didnt get 2 shotted but he was hittin gme hard. after that i switched to adds beacuse the ot couldnt handle them

Aggathon
11-04-2009, 11:16 PM
Really? In ToC25 they shouldn't hit that hard, if you're tanking gormok fine everything else should be easy. The worms can hit hard, especially once you kill one and the other enrages, it's kinda rough and you might pop LS or something, but it's not a huge deal.

I'm surprised Anub is hitting you THAT hard, do you have a disc priest? Are you getting the inspiration buff? Devo Aura? etc.

Medemer
11-05-2009, 07:10 AM
What got us a couple of times (before we spotted it and asked the healers to pay extra attention) is the transition times from Gormok to the worms. The tank might have 2-3 debuffs on him and the healers relax momentarily. The worm then hits the tank not terribly hard but that hit coupled with the bleeds did catch us out. We just got one of the raid heals to pour on some extra healing in the first 10 seconds of the worms (also helps the MT healer blank spots that occasionally happen :) ) and we were trundling onwards.

I can't say any of the block tanks we've had so far on Anub25 (only 2 nights worth of raids on him so far, I'll get my chance to MT him soon...) have complained about the incoming damage. In fact, in our last attempt we were struggling more with DPS so switched a healer to their DPS offspec to help there.

Was it the first phase1 that Anub hit you hard (where you run in, possibly charge and get out of range?... or the only heals you're getting are the HoTs 'cos they can't heal while running 'cos you're too far ahead?) or subsequent phase1's? If the latter, then healers might be distracted by the melee getting too many bleed debuffs from the small bugs, and so on.

In short, your health, armour and avoidance all look more than suitable to MT Anub (it's certainly comparable to the tanks we've had with little issue there). Might be just a number of smaller things all coming together unfavourably for you.

Medemer
--
Unfavourably for you, favourably for the boss, of course.

Griff
11-05-2009, 10:31 AM
The tank might have 2-3 debuffs on him and the healers relax momentarily. The worm then hits the tank not terribly hard but that hit coupled with the bleeds did catch us out.

In 25-man toc/togc, there is no reason for the tanks to have stacks after gormok dies. Paladins should be hitting tanks with Hand of Protection to clear those debuffs as soon as they are done taking their last stacks because, as you noted, a melee from the worms as the stacks tick can be a deadly confluence of events.

(have the tanks make a /cancelaura hand of protection macro.)