PDA

View Full Version : Lame DPS

Rivar
11-04-2009, 09:10 PM
Can some one please tell me why my DPS is so pathetic. Yes I know my expertise is a freaking joke but I cant seem to get it higher without losing strength gems or by using foods / pots. & yes the back does have +22 agility on it but isnt showing up on armory for some reason.

Am I missing something obvious?

Armory link: The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Thaurissan&n=Riverdog)

Ariedan
11-04-2009, 09:27 PM
To help with your expertise problem, I'd drop the hit trinket for the expertise one from either Maly or 10-man ToC. There are also other viable options, such as the crafted ilvl 226 belt, badge leather belt, and a ilvl 200 ring from regular 5-man ToC.

I would get rid of your hit glove enchant- you don't need it. Smack an expertise enchant on it if you still need to be capped, or put crusher (44 AP) on them.

Pick up the tier 8.5 helm from badges. The two-piece will be a slight increase, but more importantly, it's better itemized than your current helm. Another option would be the one that drops from Onyxia. Additionally, you want to put a relentless earthsiege meta in your helm.

Run Heroic ToC for the weapons- they're much better than your OH, and better than Ironsoul, last I had looked. I believe they're there's also a good ranged and boot upgrade for you there.

I haven't looked at your talents nor do I know your rotation, but a big problem IS your gear. You can fix a few things, snag a few upgrades, and you'll notice a huge difference. Don't underestimate the power of not being expertise-capped, either!

Rivar
11-04-2009, 09:56 PM
Thanks for the advice.
Funny - I had the expertise chant on the gloves & some one else told me to drop it for what I now have - but I have noticed that my DPS dropped a couple hundred afterwards so will put it back on.
The boots from H ToC just seem to hate me & never drop. I have the gun from there but I'm an old fashioned type so like the thrown items - lol - yeah slap me.
I also have 2 x the axe from H ToC but Ironsoul & Armageddon give me up to 1K DPS more than either using 2 of them or a combination of them with Ironsoul or Armageddon. Trying for the Onyxia drops as replacement.
Talents & rotation are the standard fury. BT WW Slam etc

Ariedan
11-04-2009, 10:01 PM
What are you using to base your dps upgrades and losses on? Are you using a spreadsheet or just personal judgment?

Deathsupply
11-05-2009, 01:38 PM
another item that is great is the crimson star's from Triumph emblems, that's got like 30 or so expertise on it and will drop some hit rating for ya... the fury cap is 5%, which is 164 hit rating, that's assuming 3/3 into precision. most fury warriors roll with about 250-300 just for the increased hit on the white hits and for constantly good rage generation. Your call.

By all means, GEM FOR EXPERTISE! ya don't hit ya do zero damage, none of that str will help at that point, so gem for it srsly.

Deathsupply
11-05-2009, 01:41 PM
oops, forgot to mention the 7.5 Tier legs have a TON of expertise rating on them, and also the Tier 9 legs have a TON of it on them as well.... not sure how many Emblems your pullling per day/week in, but that might be something to consider as well. Both equate to over 7 expertise, The T9legs cost like 50 emblems of Triumph, while the T7.5 legs cost a meager 75 badges.

Rivar
11-05-2009, 03:29 PM
I guess I'm a casual player so generally do not write much down & tend to go "hey that looks sweet" & upgrade that way. Pretty crappy I know but.....
Also being a casual player I don't get the chance to get too may triumph emblems because game time depends on how nasty the wife is each week - yeah considering divorce lol.. but I guess I will run more so I can get Hellscreams Legs because going the T7.5 would feel like I was going backwards. Guess I will gem some expertise!!
FYI I ran H Toc again last night - no boots & no tank sword AGAIN (I'm after that for offspec).
Thanks for your help

Insahnity
11-05-2009, 03:34 PM
The short answer is that nothing beats expertise (including Strength) until you hit 26 expertise skill. Also, you have far too much hit, don't be afraid to shed some. First to go is the hit to gloves, go with expertise there or crusher as Ariedan mentioned.

Rivar
11-08-2009, 01:56 PM
Boots dropped in H Toc gemmed expertise
Have expertise on wrist & hand. Bit better but still lousy - lol
At least now I know so can work on it from here.
Thanks again everyone