PDA

View Full Version : Maximizing Survivability

Helgior
11-04-2009, 02:27 PM
This is: My Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Firetree&n=Ciderhelm)

Yes it may be my offspec gear on when you look at it but it is not a necessary for the main purpose of this thread.

Basically as off an offtank, our guild start doing TOGC 25 and we are struggling on the beasts. The other 2 tanks are more gear than I am but the thing is I die a lot after the second impale on my first or second taunt and it is slowing our progression. I don't understand why I can't take 2 hits my gear prove me otherwise. The other warrior tank basically has same stats as more but about 1k more HP and he survives easily all the time ....

So the question is with my current gear is there way to maximize my survivability... I tough on two strategy and would like to have a review about it and other strategy to help me.

1st . First Taunt: I use Shield Block for the 2nd impale instead of using it right after the taunt to makes heals less rough on the begin and using my energy regeneration.
Second Taunt: I used shield block to makes heal more smooth on begin and give me so tps. Than I use last stand near the 1st impale and shield wall for the 2nd.

2nd. I don't even know if it works or not but I am using Black Hearth and most of the time i get the proc on the begin of the pull so i tough that if maybe i would remove it when I am not tanking the boss and than put it back near 35 seconds before second impale so that after the 30sec that my trinkets can't work i would hopefully get the proc on and will reduce the incoming damage.

Sorry for the english, I am actually French.

Squirrelnut
11-04-2009, 03:36 PM
Can't see your gear because you logged out in your DPS stuff but I would expect if your stats are similar to the other tanks then I know what the problem is: Cooldowns

The Gormok fight is all about your cooldown usage and timing. Due to the rising anger debuff he hits harder and harder so later in the fight when you tank him you MUST have a cooldown up for each impale or you can easily get 1 shot no matter how good your gear is.

Usually I use this type of rotation in 25m heroic:

3 Tank Rotation - 2 impales each (taunt tank swap when 40 seconds remaining on the 2nd impale stack)

Trinket and Indestructible Pot during your first rotation
Last Stand & Enraged Regen during your second rotation
Shield Wall during the last rotation (time it so you put it up half a second before the first impale so that it is still up during the second impale)

Thunderclap, Demo Shout, Sunders should all be up 100% of the time on him as well as having Shield Block for each time you tank him.
Paladin bubble your stacks off at the end to reduce healing required when moving on to the worms

The difference between Heroic 25m Gormok being easy to survive for the tanks vs randomly being 1 shot is completely reliant on how well you time your cooldowns so that you never take an impale without something up later in the fight.

We used to think the Gormok fight depended on luck with the tanks sometimes being hit with impale/tick/melee all at the same time instantly killing a tank. This is not the case because even if that happens you should be able to survive with no problems because you will always have a cooldown up during impales. This completely removes the fear of a tank being 1 shot if timed correctly.

Now if only we could get all our DPS to not stand in fire.... sigh

Helgior
11-04-2009, 04:00 PM
Thing is we use a different rotation a 4,2,2,2,2,2,2

the underlines are the impales i am getting and if you notice in my post i have shield block + energy regeneration for 1st pull and last stand and shield wall for second taunt. So like you said i always have something to mitigate but i was looking for something else that could help me

Squirrelnut
11-04-2009, 04:13 PM
Ok so you use a 3 tank rotation and you are second in the order. That should mean it is especially easy since you only tank him twice. Your cooldown usage should look something like this:

- First rotation (impale #5 & 6): Shield Block, Last Stand, Enraged Regen (the 20sec duration should easily last through both impales)

- Second rotation (impale #11 & 12): Shield Block, Indestructible Pot, Wait till half a second before the impale and then Shield Wall (the 12 sec duration should last through both impales)

With last stand up during the first pair of impales and shield wall up through the second set you should have no problems and can easily survive even if hit with an impale/tick/melee all at the same time.

You simply have to make sure you time your Shield Wall correctly so that it doesn't fall off before the second impale hits or it will kill you.

Helgior
11-04-2009, 05:17 PM
Thanks

Aggathon
11-04-2009, 05:36 PM
Squirrel is dead on as far as rotation goes. As far as gearing goes I can't see your armory so I have no idea what you are doing, but for gemming/enchanting...

Gemming:
Everything should be +30 stam except for 1 purple gem that is either dodge/stam or exp/stam that fits a socket bonus of 9 or higher, 12 if you can get it.

Enchanting:

30 stam/15 resil to shoulders
225 armor to cloak
275 hp to chest
blood draining on weapon
18 stam to shield
Tuskarr's Vitality to boots
240 Armor to gloves

Helgior
11-04-2009, 06:28 PM
Thanks guys i mean i was gear enough for it tried that and the problem was that one of our pally stoped beacon on the fight so that was wiping us !