PDA

View Full Version : Feral tanks in ICC

Exitium
11-04-2009, 02:55 PM
Is it just me or does it seem like feral tanks are going to be really good in ICC compared to the other tanks since their EH is really high

Liquidska
11-04-2009, 04:12 PM
That's the current thinking. Until we know the fights it's gonna be immpossible to say 100% for sure, but with Icewell Radience going, EH looks to be the name of the game.

SaintVigeous
11-04-2009, 04:23 PM
That's not at all the impression I got.

ICC Radiance doesn't devalue avoidance. If anything, since tanks will hypothetically take less spiky damage, EH will not be AS important as it is now. EH has always been about getting above the "gib cap" in case your avoidance doesn't save you. Now that cap is lower so we can use avoidance (even at -20%) to mitigate it in a safer and more predictable manner.

Tzobee
11-04-2009, 05:26 PM
Feral druids have been the name of the game for what, 2 years now? So nothing new here really.

Exitium
11-04-2009, 07:51 PM
That's not at all the impression I got.

ICC Radiance doesn't devalue avoidance. If anything, since tanks will hypothetically take less spiky damage, EH will not be AS important as it is now. EH has always been about getting above the "gib cap" in case your avoidance doesn't save you. Now that cap is lower so we can use avoidance (even at -20%) to mitigate it in a safer and more predictable manner.

I wasnt saying that avoidance is devauled, but if you look at tanks equally geared feral druids will have more armor and health then the other tanks and their avoidance should all be right around the same...so it just seems to me that they will take alot less damage from white hits is all i was saying...

Feanorr
11-05-2009, 01:45 AM
Hum I dont see it that way either.

With lower avoidance and smaller hits, my guess is that overall damage gonna be more important; and druids are not the best at that, they are even the worst I think.

To take an old example, at the start of Naxx, DK were taking the less damage overall; I did some comparison at this time I was taking 2x less damage than our druid and 1,5x less than our war and pal, with a lesser stuff. But it wasnt important because we were really spikky.
The difference in damage taken isnt like this anymore of course, but druid still take more damage overall; and they always did, it's in their design: they have more HP and armor but they take more hit.

My guess is that if they make damage less spikky and more predictable, they will put more pressure on the mana of the healers to make fights dangerous (since the danger to loose a tank of a sudden spike of damage wont be here anymore, and at the moment, it's the main and almost only danger for a tank). So if mana is more of a problem, the total damage taken by the tank will be important.

Satorri
11-05-2009, 06:40 AM
Bears won't be any better than the other tanks than they already are.

Make what you will about where they stand respective to the other tanks now. =)

<3 my fuzzy meat shield.