PDA

View Full Version : Talent/Gear/Enchant Audit

Griff
11-04-2009, 09:51 AM
Hey all,

As paladins are a little bit of a black box to me, I'm wondering if you all would mind taking a quick look at this fellow and giving me some feedback on his kit/spec.

I would have thought that the defense/%5sbv meta would be better for paladins - is this outdated thinking?

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Antonidas&n=Anestrial)

Bashal
11-04-2009, 10:13 AM
I see nothing wrong with his spec or gear. Another pally tank might suggest a point or two shifted, but I don't see anything missing that would be a "deal breaker".

I would definitely change:
* Regem the parry/stam in his neck to expertise/stam.
* Change the glove enchant from +threat/+parry to either +stam (hvy. borean armor kit) or +expertise. I'd favor the +expertise since he's below the soft cap.

If he's going full-on EH stacking, he can swap a few enchants out to help with that:

* Change the +20 defense on shield to +18 stam
* Change the +16 defense on cloak to +armor (240 I think it is)
* For 10k honor the shoulder inscription can be replaced with a +stam +resil PvP inscription.

The %armor +stam meta currently in use is a more appropriate choice for upper-content tanking.

Zothor
11-04-2009, 12:08 PM
I see nothing wrong with his spec or gear. Another pally tank might suggest a point or two shifted, but I don't see anything missing that would be a "deal breaker".

I would definitely change:
* Regem the parry/stam in his neck to expertise/stam.
* Change the glove enchant from +threat/+parry to either +stam (hvy. borean armor kit) or +expertise. I'd favor the +expertise since he's below the soft cap.

If he's going full-on EH stacking, he can swap a few enchants out to help with that:

* Change the +20 defense on shield to +18 stam
* Change the +16 defense on cloak to +armor (240 I think it is)
* For 10k honor the shoulder inscription can be replaced with a +stam +resil PvP inscription.

The %armor +stam meta currently in use is a more appropriate choice for upper-content tanking.

Erm, he's not under the Expertise softcap because he's using glyph of seal of vengeance, which is 10 more that you're not seeing on his armory. But even if he was, expertise is still a terrible stat for paladins to enchant or gem.. as a paladin, your purple gems should be agi. They're practically as good as dodge for reducing incoming damage and they're the only stat that gives you EH (armor) besides stam. The bonus threat from crit is gravy.

The 18 stam to shield enchant is a significant hit in itemization value for the slot and generally not reccomended unless you're stacking stam to literally every extent.

The armor stam meta is absolutely correct - alternatives are functionally non-negotiable for maintanking sets.

The dealbreaker, to me, is not taking Vindication. Works on bosses now, and it's a fully talented Demo shout that goes up without wasting a GCD or any resources. Any self respecting tank carries that now, and goes 3/5 conviction.

Oh and good lord get those 3 points out of divinity. Totally garbage talent - it creates almost exclusively overheal. Go DG/DS for raid utility/offtanking purposes, DS/Imp HoJ if you want the shorter stun/interrupt cooldown, or 3/5 Reckoning for a tiny bit of extra threat. Divinity is a joke.

Bashal
11-04-2009, 12:11 PM
Erm,

lol I stand corrected. Listen to this guy. :)