PDA

View Full Version : Coming back after half year - what's my gear enough for?

Gniew
11-04-2009, 08:52 AM
It's less about advice where to find better gear, because I believe I will know that in week or so. I just need to know what content I can start out with with stuff I have atm, without feeling that I'm carried by rest of the raid.

I will probably be back in game at friday or monday, and I wish to start raiding as soon as its humanly possible, but I demand a lot from myself, so I won't raid place I cant pull my weight in.

You dont have to be concerned about my manual skill being rusty - I believe that one afternoon of heroics should get me feel of 969 and binds fast enough :P.

My Armory (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=The+Maelstrom&n=Zibey)

Bashal
11-04-2009, 09:01 AM
Although it doesn't account for skill, a website like wow-heroes.com will rate your gear and indicate what level of content you should be able to perform well in. Currently wow-heroes indicates you would be fine in TotC 25.

I'd suggest updating your gems to epic quality first, though.

Gniew
11-04-2009, 01:42 PM
I was never a fan of such meters, as they don't give feel of competent measure. It's just itemlvl they count, not fx. tps capability, EH, or DTPS. I remember a tank in TBC applying for our guild with one of these saying he's good enough for starting BT... only he was crushable, and had some pathetic spell power ;).

Anyway - thank you for your time. I will take wow-heroes "verdict" with a little bit of doubt ;).

P.S. And ofc. I am changing gems the hour I am on my two draenei hooves :P. (Race change IS win)

Bashal
11-04-2009, 01:52 PM
I was never a fan of such meters, as they don't give feel of competent measure.

They don't, but you know your own skill level. That makes it easier when using one of these sites to judge your own capacity. ;)

HDEagle71
11-04-2009, 02:09 PM
If you down load gear score this sems to be what raid leaders are looking for on my server.

Uldar Over 4000 gearscore
Uldar Hardmore 4700 gearscore

ToTC 4200 and Up

10 Man VoA 30K 540 Def

Onyxia 10 4200 and Up
Onyxia 25 looking for achievement

Nax as a tank people want you to have 27-30K HP Def 540

This is what I typically see not sure what all the servers are looking for these days but this is what mine spams in chat that and "Must have Achievement" as everyone is suppose to have done them I guess :-)

Gniew
11-05-2009, 03:53 AM
But like I said - its not really about gearscores - they're just dumb ilvl comparisons, and if I had fx. some highlvl retri pieces on me they'd value me higher while I am worse tank. I rather hoped to have someone who knows what tanking is about look at my stats, and say "you should do fine here, but this place you are too weak for, and guild will have to carry you".

Also its not about pug groups - I have guild that will take me wherever I want (they're bunch of nostalgic fools, and will take me over someone better geared even for harder content if I ask for it) - only I don't want to be carried. I wan't to be able to pull my weight, and work my way up to the top again without having to thank anyone.

My armory again (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=The+Maelstrom&n=Zibey)

Aggathon
11-05-2009, 04:01 AM
I'd say ulduar normal modes both 10 and 25 you'd be okay for, but the first thing you should really do is get the new trinket from ToC5 normal, The Black heart. Get that, gem stam to reach the EHP requirements of other fights, and you should be able to edge your way into ToC25 soon and get you some 245 gear. You could probably do ToC10 Normal mode now with just some slight tweaks.

But ya, epic stam gets, 30sta/15resil to shoulder, 225 armor to cloak, 240 armor to gloves (though 18 stam is acceptable), maybe hp to chest and stam to shield and that should get your EHP numbers up to acceptable levels with that new trinket.

Fetzie
11-05-2009, 04:09 AM
update the gems to epic ones, that should be another 1000 or so health. then you will be fine for tnaking ToC10 normal mode and ony 10. when you have some upgrades from those two instances you can sign up as offtank in ToC25 and ony25. your gear is fine for ulduar10 and 25.

Niian
11-05-2009, 06:08 PM
Your gear looks decent enough for 10/25 Totc, possibly even 10 heroic Totc.
Plenty of dodge/parry, over defence cap, enough HP.

As others have said, upgrading your gems will give you an extra hp/mitigation boost, which is always useful.

Personally I'd drop points out of Benediction, get 3/3 Crusader then drop two points from Conviction and put them in Vindication. The AP reduction from Vindication is so awesome now (ignore the pitiful amount on the tooltip, it's much higher ingame)

Gniew
11-06-2009, 02:13 AM
My build is as I left it in may, so yeach - it definately goes to change.
Pretty much how you said it, except I will also get Reckoning instead of Divinity.
Also I will not move points out of Crusade, but from Conviction (Conv is defo lower tps increase - especially against DUH mobs).
I know Vindication reduces ap by 574... iirc warrior tallented Demo shout was 575?
Anyway thank you - that's pretty much answer I was looking for.