PDA

View Full Version : Am I utilizing too much hit?

Clifferd
11-03-2009, 10:39 PM
Now, I haven't seen Anub'arak on 25H yet, but guilds with warriors that have I've seen with as low as 48 hit rating in their survivability builds. I normally gem for hit/stam on yellow sockets and exp/stam on red sockets because normally they have +stam on the socket bonuses as well.

Question being, is there something I can do to still be effective with very low hit rating threat wise and help my EH so I don't get demolished?

swelt
11-04-2009, 03:23 AM
If you check the gear forums you'll see this topic coming up again and again. TOC gear doesn't generally have a lot of hit, but does have expertise. For general purposes, expertise outperforms hit so that's not a big problem. For key threat fights, have some hit gear in your bag to switch in (heroic 10 man boots, craftable bracers for example).

Squirrelnut
11-04-2009, 10:04 AM
Threat shouldn't be an issue in current content. If you are having threat issues make sure you are over expertise soft cap, double check your skill prioritization and put Vigilance on the highest DPS Lock/DK/Rogue in your raid.

I have completely ignored hit since ToC gear doesn't itemize for it, to prevent problems I simply glyph for taunt. Since threat should be a non-issue and you can simply re-apply thunderclap/demo shout if they miss the only real concern is taunt going through for tank swaps and when glyphed you virtually never miss it.

Clifferd
11-09-2009, 06:23 PM
If I'm going to try and grab any socket bonuses that are decent, should I just be using def/stam gems then? I've never noticed having threat issues, but I guess I've never taken the chance to have them crop up at all.

Aggathon
11-09-2009, 06:29 PM
If I'm going to try and grab any socket bonuses that are decent, should I just be using def/stam gems then? I've never noticed having threat issues, but I guess I've never taken the chance to have them crop up at all.

IF you hit a socket bonus, the only ones worth it are +9stam or higher (I still argue stack straight stam and ignore socket bonuses, but IF you are...). For yellow sockets go Def/Stam, for Red sockets go Dodge/Stam, though there's a decent arguement for Agi/Stam. It's slightly less + some armor.