PDA

View Full Version : Leveling, Tanking Outlands/Northrend

Bearrorist
11-03-2009, 10:33 AM
I've done the feral tanking on my druid, and I despise it. So now I'm leveling my warrior, his main spec is DPS, but I picked up dual spec (figuring if it doesn't work out, I can just do Arms and Fury) and plan on tanking the instances up until 80. I haven't played a warrior since vanilla, so I'm way behind the times! Anyway, this will become what it is. If I'm good, then great, but if I hate it then it'll go the way of the feral druid with me.

Anyway, I wanted to get some pointers. I asked my little brother how to tank since he's good at it, and this is what he told me:

shield slam > revenge > devastate, if tanking 1 mob heroic strike, if tanking more than 1 cleave

Fair enough, makes sense to me. Thoughts?

Now here's my armory: The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Blackrock&n=Libertyprime)

Fealthas
11-03-2009, 10:46 AM
Seems about right, just remember shockwave = OP for aoe tanking. I always tabbed devasted when I AoE tanked stuff but it's been a good 8 months or so lol

MellvarTank
11-03-2009, 10:52 AM
I would say shield slam > devaste > revenge. The reason being that sunders up faster=more aggro for you and more damage for the party. Not to mention devastate procs your shield slam (if you are spec'd for it). Heroic strike spam in infinite rage situations, use your cooldowns. Thunderclap is always good and so is Demo shout. Shockwave is handy for giving you time to build aggro on a mob, concussion blow is nice to "mitigate" damage by incapacitating an enemy and cleave also helps with threat on multiple mobs. Challenging shout if you get into trouble with multiple targets and vigilance is handy on an AoE happy mage.

There is a lot about tanking and it's hard to go through everything, so practice makes perfect.