PDA

View Full Version : Glyph advice please

Narsc
11-03-2009, 08:52 AM
i am currently specced 12/5/54. and using glyphs of devistate, blocking and shockwave for majors.

i was debating droping my 2 points in cruelty and putting them in improved disciplines (for the shield wall timer reduction) and dropping glphy of shockwave and adding glyph of shield wall (for further shield wall timer reduction)

would this be advisable? i mean im losing 20% damage reduction on shield wall but i might be able to use it 2 or 3 times per encounter. im just hoping that losing the 2% crit wont affect my threat gen terribly.

p.s. i dont use a glyph of revenge because i havent had any rage issues.

MellvarTank
11-03-2009, 09:43 AM
I would say get your shield wall glyphed and spec into it, drop the blocking glyph and get sunder armor to make up for threat loss if you are tanking adds. To be honest, not many people run the blocking glyph anymore as the content really doesn't call for it. If you are running TotC 10/25 or ToGC 10/25, you should probably run glyph of Devastate, Taunt(or vig... I can't remember which it is that increases your taunt's hit), Shieldwall.

Those tend to be favored.

luv2tank
11-03-2009, 09:52 AM
i prefer glyph of shield wall(talented) and glyph of last stand for 2 min cd's on each. My third often changes-

threat- glyph of devastate
glyph of taunt for fights like gormak and a few others i have noticed i missed taunts.
glyph of blocking on heroic anub.

As for cruelty talented some love it, some dont. I could care less about 5% crit, id rather spend it elsewhere. But im sure other ppl see it as a good talent.

Also, i tank w/ a paladin so I dont need specific things like imp. demo shouts and things like that

Aggathon
11-03-2009, 09:53 AM
I would say get your shield wall glyphed and spec into it, drop the blocking glyph and get sunder armor to make up for threat loss if you are tanking adds. To be honest, not many people run the blocking glyph anymore as the content really doesn't call for it. If you are running TotC 10/25 or ToGC 10/25, you should probably run glyph of Devastate, Taunt(or vig... I can't remember which it is that increases your taunt's hit), Shieldwall.

Those tend to be favored.

I actually really don't agree with this, Glyph of blocking is still a very solid glyph imo, and is the only survivability glyph besides LS and SW. It can also be viewed as a threat glyph because it increases shield slam damage.

You really should get points into deep wounds though man. It is insane threat and you wouldn't need glyph of devastate and you could run SW/LS/Blocking for maximum survivability but also be putting out crazy threat.

Now if you are going to drop a glyph for devastate out of the 3 afformentioned than I would probably drop Blocking, however that is fairly fight dependant. There are some fights where you may not need to shield wall or last stand every 2 minutes, there are others where you may want to hit those on cooldown and they are subsequently far more important than an extra 200 or so BV (from Glyph of blocking).

Narsc
11-03-2009, 04:59 PM
Thanks. I appreciate the opinions. I also like my blocking glpyh. I'll spec into shield wall and try it out, i'll probably hold onto devisate and see what i can drop to get deep wounds.

Airowird
11-04-2009, 04:31 AM
If you want threat, spec the points from Cruelty into Deep wounds.
In fact, the only reason imo why you should take Impale is because of Deep Wounds.

Xianth
11-04-2009, 07:42 AM
As people mentioned, glyph of shield wall and last stand are awesome, especially for progression, and it is difficult to leave them out with single target threat never being such an issue to warrant using 3 threat glyphs. The last glyph is always open to personal choice and can depend on the fight or the persons playstyle. I personally prefer blocking for the extra mitigation on shield block and the extra threat on shield slam/damage shield. Some people prefer to use imp dev to get sunders up faster for DPS and others like to swap in taunt for fights where a missed taunt can cause problems (like togc beasts).