PDA

View Full Version : Peacekeeper Blade or Crusader's Glory??

Thundergnome
11-03-2009, 08:49 AM
I've been torn on this...
Peacekeeper Blade (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47500) or Crusader's Glory (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47810)

Peacekeeper:
31 str
99 stam (assuming 30stam gem socketed)
29 dodge
23 parry
21 expertise

Crusader's Glory
448 armor
52 str
77 stam
27 defence
19 dodge

I've been using peacekeeper even though i have crusader's glory in my bags...

I believe the 448 armor translates into about 100HP (correct me if i'm wrong). So, by equipping Peacekeeper over crusader's:
+12 stam
+10 dodge
+23 parry
+21 expertise
-27 defense
-21 str
-15 dps

With expertise food i'm at 55 expertise rating and quite reluctant to give up the exp rating on peacekeeper.

Which would you use? is one better then the other or are they about equal?

MellvarTank
11-03-2009, 09:39 AM
I'd use both... but at different times. What content are you running? How is your survivability with both? How is your threat generation?

These are all questions that determine whether or not a weapon is good for you. To be honest, I have about 6 one-handers and about 5 two-handers for my specs (prot/fury) which I change out depending on the fight requirements. I change out less in Fury, but for Prot it is heavily fight dependant... Though I'm favoring Titanguard right now.

Aggathon
11-03-2009, 10:01 AM
I believe the 448 armor translates into about 100HP (correct me if i'm wrong).

I'm fairly certain that 100EHP for 448 armor is incorrect, but it depends on your gear levels. I would run it through an EHP cacluator, but for me it would be just over 1.2k EHP unbuffed. However stam isn't straight just 10stam = 100EHP because the value of those HPs is increased by armor (since you take 60% less damage 10 stam would be more like 210EHP, this is before any 10% increased stam modifiers or anything though, obviously.)

So use the EHP calculator to calculate which is more, and of course it always varies between fights. If a fight is a lot of magical damage and that magical damage will kill you then I'd say pick raw stam over armor.

Thundergnome
11-06-2009, 06:33 AM
You were right, Aggathon. After running the info through the EHP calculator I also came up with around 1k EH when equipping Crusader's Glory.

I've also used it for our toc25 and toc10 raids and found myself critting A LOT more, hence generating about 1-1.5k more TPS.

Anyhow, I'll stick with Crusader's Glory for now.

Synapse
11-06-2009, 06:37 AM
Item Comparison Tool - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?compare=47810;47500)

You can't say "armor is X hp" because hit size will vary that wildly.

I can't see a reason to use peacekeeper over glory other than "mad avoidance set", for glory has some avoidance, has much better EH,much better threat...

Durandro
11-06-2009, 06:39 AM
There shouldn't really be any difference in crit chance between the two, bar what the RNG dictates.

But I'd take Crusader's Glory. Every time.