PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth it?

Lokee
11-02-2009, 08:42 PM
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Emerald+Dream&n=Cowriot)

Hey everyone, ill begin with telling you that I've been an inactive WoW player for four maybe five months now? Just after clearing Ulduar the new patch came out with the ToC and it just didn't fit my interest so i quit. I now am thinking about getting back in but i am just wondering one thing, is it worth it? I like raiding and would love to be in an upper level guild but don't know anything about my class anymore. Any tips, tricks, ideas are all appreciated. My armory is posted above. (No professions because i had the money to blow on JC so i went for it but quit the next day.)

swelt
11-03-2009, 03:52 AM
Tank or DPS?

Whether or not it's worth it probably depends on how much you like Icecrown Citadel and what you would like to get out of the game. Won't know that for sure until it comes out, but if you want to be ready for it you are likely to want to gear up a bit in advance.

Lokee
11-03-2009, 06:21 AM
DPS, But im stuck between Fury and Arms mainly and I've heard that Fury is now better but i don't have much of the gear.

swelt
11-03-2009, 07:32 AM
If you want to get back into the game, it's a very good time to do so. If you scan any forum you'll no doubt see a bunch of whining about badge loot and how faceroll TOC is, but what it means for someone returning the game after a break is that it IS possible to gear back up pretty quickly. If you find a guild (or return to) a guild that is prepared to help you gear up, you can very quickly do so by running TOC10 (normal+hard) and TOC25 (normal). Within a very short space of time, you can be rolling in a mix of ilvl 232/245 gear. If you put in some time and cash, you can boost that still further with craftables. I've watched a player in our guild returning from a break go from greens/blues to raid ready in a matter of weeks (albeit with some pretty sick luck with weapon drops), and another couple of players do exactly the same with alts.

Without the support of a guild, it'd be harder. Badges alone will take a long time, so to get there quickly you'd want to be pugging. I don't do pugs, and pugs change quite a lot from server to server, so YMMV.

Lokee
11-03-2009, 06:58 PM
Thanks, i appreciate the input. Now I'm down to Fury or Arms? Arms is what i am very familiar with, i played arms through the last half of our guilds journey through BT and never turned back. But I've heard that Fury is now the dominant spec, and im looking for max dps output.