PDA

View Full Version : Tgoc 25

Faunce
11-01-2009, 02:45 PM
Ok so after a long talk in my guild between. Im looking at my gear and wondering if there is anything I can do to better prepare for tgoc 25. Currently we are doing Tgoc 10 and are at the fraction champs. And next week are starting 25 to see how we do so can i get some feedback on my gear. thanks.
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Emerald+Dream&n=Faunce)

Stephanius
11-02-2009, 07:23 AM
I think your gear is pretty much up to speed.

I did note a few things though:
1) Wasting Chest+Shield +def enchants on +10 stats and 40BV respectively. I know you are above the minimum defense requirement, but more defense still means your chance to be missed and to block, parry and dodge increases.
2) Mongoose proc rate for pallies isn't nearly as good as it is for warriors due us not doing as many moves and not all of ours being counted as weapon hits. I'd recommend going for Blooddraining or Bladeward instead. Flat agility enchant if you want reliable avoidance.
3) I am not sure if going for +hit gems is the best move for you. Sure, you loose some threat, but you could have avoidance or EH insteadl.
4) get rid of the 5/5 Seals of the Pure in holy. Yes, it has an effect of 15% and sounds better than 5% crit but it isn't. Nearly everything can crit, but only a small part of your damage is seal damage. Therefore this talent is not as effective as putting the points into the retribution tree instead.
5) 2/2 Imp Judgement. -2% mana doesn't really do much, but you don't need 2/2 imp judgement.
6) Glyph of Consecration. This messes up your 9/6/9 ideal threat rotation, even your 1s shorter judgement cooldown shouldn't offset this. I personally use the Hammer glyph next to Plea and Venegance. Judgement would be a singletarget alternative.
7) If need to cut talent points, I'd go with 3/5 Reckoning. That will still allow you to take everything else you have in the tank tree.

Mert
11-02-2009, 09:36 AM
2) Mongoose proc rate for pallies isn't nearly as good as it is for warriors due us not doing as many moves and not all of ours being counted as weapon hits. I'd recommend going for Blooddraining or Bladeward instead. Flat agility enchant if you want reliable avoidance.

I agree with everything said except for this part - since the SoV change, we now effectively do double the number of melee swings per minute than we did, in addition to Judgements now being counted as melee attacks. All adds up to an incredible amount of uptime on the Lightning Speed buff.

Faunce
11-02-2009, 12:21 PM
ok made some changes looking better?

Stephanius
11-02-2009, 05:17 PM
yeah, it does. =]

Mert, I haven't tried Mongoose since T7 myself, so I'll take your word on that.

Mert
11-03-2009, 04:12 AM
I don't have a parse from T7 era any more but Mongoose was typically around 12-14% uptime in the gear I had back then.

Here (http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/cSAiXUEqlhxkg4w5/details/10/?s=21&e=538) is a parse of my guild's first kill of Heroic Beasts which shows 38.9% uptime of the buff. Probably not the best fight to show that off due to switching between mobs etc but it's all I have - on a static tank and spank (Jaraxxus maybe?) I've seen it be as high as around 60%!

Not saying you didn't believe me of course, just thought you might be interested to see the changes first hand :)

Zothor
11-04-2009, 09:49 AM
I agree with everything said except for this part - since the SoV change, we now effectively do double the number of melee swings per minute than we did, in addition to Judgements now being counted as melee attacks. All adds up to an incredible amount of uptime on the Lightning Speed buff.

This... guys, I hate to be a dick but I'm tired of saying it and it keeps needing to be said. Theck's work proving this has been out for what, over a month now?

Stop giving people bad advice. If you don't know, PLEASE at least use qualifiers like "I think" "I'm not sure, but" or "you might want to check."

Mongoose is one of -the- best overall enchants for a prot paladin, and all of the work on Bladeward still shows that it's freaking terrible. Mongoose was a superior average avoidance enchant BEFORE it got hugely buffed for us in 3.2, and was superior threatwise as well. Bladeward was never a valuable enchant.

Goose is now the #2 legitimate tanking threat enchant (3rd if you count Berserking, but I'd -never- give up that armor) behind accuracy, providing nearly as much threat with a huge amount of avoidance. it's glorious. If only that green glow wasn't so damn ugly.

My long term weapon plan is still probably Blood Draining on my Quel for maximum survivability, Agi on my Honor of the Fallen for my block set, and Accuracy on whatever 3rd 245 lvl tanking weapon I get next for my threat weapon. And yes, I will switch them like crazy because I'm OCD like that. I may switch midfight once I have a threat lead.