PDA

View Full Version : More problems with arms dps now :P

Acidvenom
11-01-2009, 03:09 AM
Armory Link: Trexor (http://armory.wow-europe.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Stormrage&n=Trexor)

So I decided to switch to arms for the time being and found that my dps was about the same as in fury spec. Now I looked at my hit and saw that it was below 263. Now, my gear is mostly socketed to get that expertise cap, and I think I am going to REALLY gimp my dps if I start shoving only +expertise and +hit gems, does anyone have a solution? Honestly, I really don't know why the gear I have has such a small amount of hit and exp >.<

Thanks in advance,
Trexor

P.S. If armory hasn't updated, this is my Spec (http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/basics/talents/warrior/talents.html?tal=302230202333510000201221323125132 55000000200000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00#none) and my gear is pretty much the same except all the ArP gems have been removed and replaced with expertise gems, and most of the ap/sta gems are also exp gems, and hit has remained where it is.

SixStringsXD
11-01-2009, 12:19 PM
The more you raid the more hit and expertise you get. Try to get yourself a grim toll from Naxx25 to solve that problem. Once you start farming ToC the rest will take care of itself. If you are doing ulduar try to get a stormedge or worldcarver (one has massive hit, one has massive expertise) - whichever you need more at the time.

You don't want to have to gem for it so do a little research and figure out what emblem pieces you can buy to help you out - belt of the singing blade has hit on it and you can purchase that through conquest badges just from running heroics. Ruthlessness from Naxx25 (ring) also has expertise on it and I used that for quite a while. Run VoA10 and 25 to try and get the legs (they have massive amount of expertise) and the hands also drop from VoA10 and 25 (which have a nice amount of hit).

Like I said it comes later on, you are in that awkward stage of gearing up - get as many items as you can so you don't have to gem for it. And for gearing up Grim Toll is your top priority as arms.

IceCold
11-01-2009, 02:28 PM
Honestly, I have to Gem for Hit so I can stay right about at the cap WITH the Draenei buff. Generally, in all my raids, there's 1 or more of them, so I don't worry about the cap without it. As far as Expertise goes, you can take 2 points out of Imp Execute, and put them into Weapon Mastery. This will allow you to have a lower Expertise Rating without having to Gem for it crazily.

Being specced into Weapon Mastery will allow you to have 15-16 Expertise, while being just about capped. I'm at 16 Expertise, but about 15 Rating off the cap, and I don't worry about it. I could easily be capped but it's not worth it as your overpower will proc maybe once or twice more from it, so it doesn't effect you at all.

I highly recommoned on Items from Emblems of Conquest, or higher, that you use Epic Gems, this will help in the long run. Such as your Helm, I'd throw a 20 STR Gem into it, aswell as your Shoulders. Your cloak isn't the best, but you can get IceStriker cloak made from a Leatherworker for very cheap, and it'll help alot till something better comes along, get it enchanted with +22 Agi.

You should also work on Sons of Hodir Rep to get your Shoulder Enchants, this can be easily acquired by doing the Dailies, purchasing/farming the Relics of Ulduar, and doing the Daily Dungeon (just do it on heroic) as you'll gain a Commendation which will grant an additional 500 Rep with Sons of Hodir. As well as getting some Gold and a extra Emblem of Conquest.

The chest that you have I'd just throw +8 stats on it, it's cheap, and will help with your DPS.

Well the Armory has decided to go down. Atleast, it's not working for me ATM. So I'll post some more information later, I've always been very good at helping people with Gems/Chants to provide their maximum DPS possible while remaining to be Hit and Expertise capped.

The Armory came back up so I'll continue with what I was telling you.

For your Bracers I'd enchant with +50 AP. Don't bother Enchanting Expertise, it's not worth it. Also do not bother with the +16 AP and +12 STA Gem for your Blue Socket. Use +8 STR and +12 STA, STR Will always be better for you.

So really do not bother Gemming for Expertise until you have reached the Hit Cap, just throw 3+ 34 Hit gems in your Gear if you have to, to get you up to the Cap. I'll be digging around with your Gear a bit more to see what I can come up with and post once again.

PS: Once you hit 30% (40% including Battle Stance) Passive ArP (From GEAR ONLY) then stack ArP Gems, stay with STR until that point.