PDA

View Full Version : Fury DPS help needed!

Acidvenom
10-31-2009, 05:20 PM
Armory Link: Trexor (http://armory.wow-europe.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Stormrage&n=Trexor)

I started out as arms when I had mostly blues and a few epics but now, I have decided to play around with fury. The problem is, my dps has decreased by about 1k (2kdown from 3k)! I have looked everywhere for a solution to my problems, but I am yet to find one.

My other big problem is the fact that I am pretty much constantly rage starved, and my damage seems a little low for the gear/weapons I have, even though I have maxed the skill on both 2h axes and 2h swords. I am using the "rotation" that is most effective (BT->WW->HS spam + instant Slam) but I am having to wait for rage to build up.

I think I have a little too much hit and don't know whether all those ArP gems are really worth it. Could someone possibly tell me what is wrong with:
My Spec
My Gear
My Socketing
My Enchants,

Thanks in advance,
Trexor

ZeruelTenken
10-31-2009, 05:46 PM
First off, honestly, you're probably better off as arms at your gear level. That said, there are a few things you can do. If you have to split gem a blue slot, use strength/stam instead of AP/stam. Fury talents (and kings) will scale it to be more useful. Split-gemming yellows should be strength/crit, if the socket bonus is worthwhile. Strength is worth more to you than crit, so gemming pure crit is a waste. It's tough to tell about ArPen without a spreadsheet, but since you don't have a trinket to proc it to get near 100%, you're almost surely better off going strength in those slots instead. Enchant everything. Your cloak, BP, and bracers weren't, of the things i recall offhand. Your hit is actually around where you want it to be, though some actually prefer to get up into the 350 range or so. Expertise, on the other hand, needs to come up quite a bit, as you'll miss specials to enemy dodge until 26 expertise (not rating). If you can afford it, get rid of the emerald boar pronto in favor of a Darkmoon Card: Greatness (the strength version, of course). Be diligent about doing H:ToC5 for another Edge of Ruin, and the daily heroic to get access to all of the emblem of triumph gear. As to spec, get the point out of either Anger Management or Imp. Execute and fill up Imp. Berserker Stance. Make sure you're not using HS if you're under 50 rage, and prioritize WW over BT due to the longer cooldown (and the harder hits). You can fiddle with that rage number for HS a bit to see what works for you, but that's a good starting guideline. Best of luck with it.

Khilbron
11-01-2009, 01:45 AM
Zeruel is partially correct. Your expertise is extremely low(0), you want to try and get it as close to 26 as possible, at this point if you do not have expertise gear, gemming expertise will provide a larger DPS increase than gemming for Str or ArP. For Arms and Fury alike, Gemming for ArP until you hit 100% passive and proc provides a larger DPS increase than gemming for Str. Trinket or no Trinket, ArP is still a Warriors greatest stat. As for your hit 280 is extremely high, and contrary to Zeruel no Fury warrior would dream of even going to 350, there is no point to it. Fury only needs their hit to be 164 which gives them the softcap for special attacks(yellow damage). So you can definately sacrifice all of your hit gems for expertise(until you get enough from gear). Also you want to remove your Crit gem in your gloves, it is never useful to gem for crit unless you are min/maxxing your gear with a spreadsheet, and even then you only want to use the 10str 10crit gem(Inscribed Ametrine). You are also going to want to add some Glyphs to your tree, specifically Glyph of Bloodrage, and Glyph of Command.

Acidvenom
11-01-2009, 02:06 AM
Thank you for the replies! I have one me question to ask, shouldn't I replace my ArP gems in favor of STR gems until I have 30% passive ArP from gear?
Thanks,
Trexor

Khilbron
11-01-2009, 02:33 AM
Fury like Arms wants to reach a balance of ArP to Str which puts you as close to 100% as possible factoring in gear and trinket procs. If you do not have a Grim Toll or Mjolnir Runestone the more ArP the better, but make sure your at your hit cap(164) and Expertise cap(26) before you start prioritizing.