PDA

View Full Version : WTB [threat]

bait
10-31-2009, 10:38 AM
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Quel%27dorei&gn=Gutter+Horde&cn=Bait)

Was wondering if anybody had any advice on squeezing a lil more threat out. I hold pretty well but 3.5k dps will pull one off of me from time to time. I want to try to do some 10 mans and I imagine i will run into deeps that will hit alot harder and don't want them to have to hold back. I usually take exp. pots but think i would be better off swallowing some flasks of not as much health as you would think. Just wanting to know if i got the gear/glyphs/talents set up right, wich if that is the case then maybe i just need to tighten up my rotation? Anyway i dunno, I just don't think an average dps should be able to move my target no matter how hard they tried and any advice that points me in the direction of what needs to be fixed would be appreciated

swelt
10-31-2009, 12:04 PM
From a gear/spec/glyph point of view, the only thing that stands out as not helping your threat is your low expertise. It'd be good to max out deep wounds, but the last few points in a prot build are quite open to personal preference. I would say that those things alone don't explain 'threat problems'.

So if you are having real problems with threat, it's either:
- situational, something else is causing threat problems (like dps attacking wrong targets or encounter specific factors)
- relative gear, if your DPS being better geared than you are going to give you a hard time
- your skill usage (and/or latency), try to tighten up your rotation / priorities / appropriate use of heroic strike (don't be over HSing to the point you can't use your main abilities, but don't be sitting with a full rage bar and not mashing your HS key)

Tyrz
10-31-2009, 08:34 PM
The only thing I can see with your gear is as Swelt said low expertise..

try and fill every GCD with an ability.. use HS only when you have plenty of rage to dump

http://www.puppetartists.com/Portals/hm/Other/Rotation_V2.jpg

tanking 2+ adds just change HS to cleave, change targets all the time (keeping the most threat on the one the dps seem to be getting more threat on) and spam Thunder Clap and Shockwave every CD

I hope that helps as that is what I do and find it works well :)

bait
11-01-2009, 05:35 AM
allrighty thanks! I am hoping i can get my expertice up if i can find me some better gear. I am gonna look into maxin out the deeps wounds. I never thought it would proc that much with such a low crit rating, took it compleatly out at one point. But i have noticed it does alot more than you would think. And thank you for the chart! I can see how I need to better my choices from the begining of the fight and might be my biggest problem.