PDA

View Full Version : Help I need advice please

sasckwatch
10-31-2009, 05:26 AM
Ok I'm still fairly new to raid leading and I'm GM of a new guild thats starting 10 mans. I have alot of people who have talent but for different reasons have never raided before but want to learn it. We went to naxx last night we are all over geared for it but Naxx is an easy stepping stone. everyone did good up until Heigan. Even after watching the videos some people just cant get it. Does anyone have any suggestions on ways for me to explain it better?

Thaak
10-31-2009, 09:31 AM
You can set down some of the smoke bombs/light of elune/banner of stormwind/etc to show the different areas(basically any type of item that you can put on the ground that will stay there for a minute or two,that way they can see all the zones at one time). Second, the zones are sort of pie shaped, smaller at the platform, bigger at the wall, so if they are near the platform running, they don't have to run as far. Third, and VERY important, tell them they can't watch where other people are. Due to server latency they may not actually be where you think they are and if you base your positioning off of them you could die, everyone has to judge positioning for themselves.

Wilhem
10-31-2009, 08:37 PM
You know... Heigan is a rhythm fight... Some people can pick it up after 1 attempt like I did and other people won't ever pick it up. If you can get it the fight is cake, if you can't the fight is a pain in the butt (i've tanked him for 25 minutes before with 1 DPS (who was the off tank, by the way), 1 healer and me being the only ones alive)...

That's a practice fight for most people. The more they do it the easier the rhythm will become.

Athenodorus
10-31-2009, 08:43 PM
Practice practice practice. I hated Heigan when we were learning it, but now it's kind of fun (as DPS, it's annoying to tank).

Don't worry about running through the fires -- they are only a spell effect. The damage comes from being above them when they appear.