PDA

View Full Version : SOO Confused

Erinthar
10-30-2009, 06:00 PM
So I'm A geared level 80 warrior and I thought that my gear was up to par but apparently not. I currently have 47 exp and 253 hit rating and apparently thats too much I know that you can keep it at 7% as long as you have a dranai in the group but I was told to keep it at around 200 hit now which is slightly lower than 7% and also to have my exp at around 32 cause after that its a wasted stat was just wondering what everyone though lol please help!!!!

krc
10-30-2009, 06:52 PM
I wouldn't worry about a lack of hit and expertise too much, your main priority should be survival and if you are having aggro problems it is probably not because of a lack of threat stats most likely the reason is that you are not using a proper rotation or you are pressing the wrong buttons.

Erinthar
10-30-2009, 09:13 PM
yeah my threat isn't too bad I'm using macros like Devastate and heroic strike and Shield Slam and heroic strike and some others so its better but I wanted to make sure I'm not missing or incuring too many parries lol and what do you mean by survivalbiliy, stacking Stam, stacking d rating?

Tyrz
10-30-2009, 10:08 PM
you shouldn't use macros for heroic strike on your other ability's as when your rage starved it will lower your threat. imo you should stack full 30 stamina gems unless you get a 9stam or more socket bonus but keep 1 purple gem at least for the meta requirement.. your threat should stay around 6k+ in 10 mans and 7-8k+ in 25's with the right rotation and 26+ expertise pretty easily.

never gem for threat on your main gear!

Erinthar
10-31-2009, 01:57 PM
so getting my hit to about 200 and my exp to about 32 is good then?

Tyrz
10-31-2009, 07:09 PM
just whatever is on your gear is what you should have. don't worry if your hit drops down to 100ish even. keeping your expertise 26+ will help a lot more because bosses wont be able to dodge your attacks. i don't know where you got 32 from.

stam>armor>avoidance>threat

Athenodorus
10-31-2009, 08:36 PM
The folks above have addressed the gemming question already but...

I notice that you aren't using the Glyph of Devastate, but rather have Revenge/Enraged/Blocking. Recently the Devastate glyph received a major stealth buff, making it an enormous threat boost. I suggest dumping the Enraged glyph (not worth a major slot, IMO) and replacing it with Devastate. You *will* see a big difference.

Dragaan
11-01-2009, 01:40 AM
so getting my hit to about 200 and my exp to about 32 is good then?

There is absolutely no reason to have exactly 200hit and 32expertise. Whoever told you to sit at those numbers is either misinformed about the hit/expertise caps or they are just telling you where THEY like to have their stats. The hit cap is 263 (8%), and for expertise you can go all the way to about -14% dodge/parry (56 skill). The SOFTcap for expertise is 26 (again, no clue where this person got 32), meaning after 26 skill you will no longer get dodged (but you will still get parried). Like others have stated tho, you shouldn't need to push for threat stats like that on your main gear. Just pick up pieces with high hit and/or expertise to swap in for threat-sensitive fights (trinkets are great for this).

Also, it's really hard to read your questions when you type out like 500 words without a single period lol. Sorry, someone had to say it.

Erinthar
11-01-2009, 01:58 AM
lol yeah periods are soo last year, but cool thx and aobout 7% is right though if you have a dranai in ur group right. As long as I'm at the soft cap for exp I'm good cool. what do you think of the whole macro thing though I have been using them in ony and toc and I do like them. They can be fairly rage heavy but I can get hit once and have full rage.

Erinthar
11-01-2009, 01:59 AM
And also how do you guys feel about gemming for Defense after 540?

Dragaan
11-01-2009, 01:59 AM
Macros are a crutch and will lower your threat. I would never use a macro that gave me no control over when i get to dump my rage with heroic strike. I shudder to think what it would be like tanking with one....

Dragaan
11-01-2009, 02:02 AM
And also how do you guys feel about gemming for Defense after 540?

Don't gem for defense ever unless it's for a gimmick gearset or fight (such as for tanking adds on heroic anub25). Right now, there are no fights in the game that require super-high avoidance besides anub25 heroic if you are the add tank. Gemming/gearing for avoidance over stamina/armor will hurt you in almost every scenario.

Erinthar
11-01-2009, 02:17 AM
but I want to try and stay with the socket bonus too though so what do you recomend? And I wouldn't necessary say that macros are a crutch they can help for instance I have a thunderclap cleave and a shockwave cleave that I use which can be good for aoe.

Erinthar
11-01-2009, 02:18 AM
but I do appreciate the help so keep it coming :) :)

Tyrz
11-01-2009, 04:28 AM
NEVER use macros like that. it will only hurt your threat a LOT in most situations. just get used to pressing a lot of buttons, knowing when to rage dump and have good key bindings.. you will never look back once your used to it!

with socket bonus.. leave them.. only 9stamina or more is worth going for but once you hit harder content even those should just be 30 stamina(except for the one purple for the meta gem).

Dragaan
11-01-2009, 04:55 AM
but I want to try and stay with the socket bonus too though so what do you recomend? And I wouldn't necessary say that macros are a crutch they can help for instance I have a thunderclap cleave and a shockwave cleave that I use which can be good for aoe.

You shouldn't macro cleave just like you shouldn't macro heroic strike. Just learn to use your abilities as-needed and I guarantee you your threat will improve. As far as socket bonuses go, for the most part only go for bonuses with stamina. That is a good general rule. Personally, I dont go for a socket bonus unless it's 9stam per every hybrid gem I'd have to use (I would never use a solid non-stam gem unless absolutely necessary). I would say 6 is the minimum. These days you really do need all the stamina you can get, and if that means forfeiting socket bonuses so be it.

Erinthar
11-01-2009, 09:21 PM
did anyone check my gear what do you guys think?

Erinthar
11-01-2009, 09:40 PM
and keeping my hit at around 200 is that only if I have heroic prescence and am eating hit food?