PDA

View Full Version : NE Warrior Tank adivce needed!

jace5869
10-30-2009, 12:44 PM
Alright, I'm at level 60 and looking for some good advice on advancing my stats and gear as a MT.

WoW Armory: Here (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ursin&cn=Oxballs&gn=Warriors+of+the+Light)

Most of my gear has been bought off of the AH and been enchanted the best I could/know how. I'm kind of thinking that I should be getting this gear or better gear from quests and/or dungeons, so I ask that if anyone knows any advice/recommendations on which quest or dungeons return the best or "chance of" best gear, if they could share with me.

I think I am currently only wearing one piece of armor from a quest and that is my leggings and then I have the carrot on a stick, as well.

Also, I need advice on my talents and stats/abilities. I've focused mostly on getting as much Stamina from gear and enchants AND Defense rating from gear and enchants as possible. I keep hearing 540 Defense being the prime number and I've been trying to get as close as possible.

Should I enchant for more Strength or Agility, too? And I probably need to modify my glyphs too if anyone can recommend anything for that as well.

I have hopes of buying Dual Spec. and also using this toon as DPS as well, if not only to use for questing and leveling. But, I might just spec my DK instead.

Thanks for the Help!!

MellvarTank
10-30-2009, 02:13 PM
I think you'll need about 20 more levels.

In reality, gearing the way you are is going to break the bank and frustrate you. Get to outlands, do the quests, pick up the gear, and keep going. The quest rewards you get in Hellfire peninsula tend to be better than the gear you can buy off the AH at level 60. When you hit 65, get a blacksmith to make you as much Fel Iron Plate as you can wear (that isn't a downgrade). When you hit lvl 80, then you worry about defense cap.

jace5869
10-30-2009, 02:58 PM
So, I need to keep what I have now and do quests and dungeons in Outland (been working there lately) and should I enchant for Strength and Stamina and not worry about Defense?

Fearghus
10-30-2009, 03:08 PM
Gearing for leveling is different than gearing for "main tanking". You don't need to worry about tanking concerns until you hit 80. Stack Strength and don't enchant your gear as it's a waste of money until you start doing heroics.

MellvarTank
11-02-2009, 08:03 AM
I would say just keep levelling. If you burn through Outlands (like you probably will), then you hit Northerend and replace every piece of gear you got in Outlands.

If you want to tank try it out in Outlands dungeons, and some of the gear you get from the dungeons is nice. The one thing I remember is that I only ever ran Hellfire Ramparts and Blood Furnace when levelling in Outlands... and I think I ran them all of about 3 times each. Then I levelled up to 68 and moved on to Northerend. When I hit Northerend, I ran UK and Nexus like crazy, then moved on to AN, OK, and so on. Again: Make friends with a blacksmith. They can keep you pretty well geared all the way through Outlands and Northerend up to 80.

Bashal
11-02-2009, 08:16 AM
With my DK tank, I leveled it as a tank (with tanking gear) because I didn't want to ding 80 and say "ok, I wanna tank...how do I do that?"

The advice is fairly spot-on. If you want to level as a tank and wear tank gear, PUG some instances, that's all well and good. But as was mentioned, dont bother with enchants, you get upgrades too frequently, and don't worry too much about whether you are defense capped, etc., while leveling (but of course do wear tanking gear while tanking).

Blue
11-02-2009, 08:17 AM
Questing in Hellfire, at least next couple of levels...then Zanger, or Terrokar.

Instances= Ramparts, Blood Furnace, Slave Pens

This should get you to lvl64, where you can start on the dungeons near Shattrath. You should be getting pretty good gear from quests and dungeons, from here on out, so don't waste money on AH, unless your gear level items are like 5 levels below you.

Your talents look fine--keep on Fury tree, for now...finish Armored to the teeth, and Demo Shout and Cleave, as you go.

The gear drops should keep your Defense in good shape, without gemming or chanting. If you must gem, get stam, or hit, if threat becomes an issue. Really though, you'll be changing gear very frequently, up until around high 70s, anyway, so use your skill buffs.

Also, can't tell from your present Armory--in Arms spec--but, your weapon for tanking should be fast one-hander, with shield...always.

At level 65, you will have even more instances to choose from--in Zangarmarsh...this will be paradise for your professions, should you choose to stay with herbalism, especially, from what I understand. I went with mining and engineering, myself.

Don't forget to work on rep, too...it pays dividends later, and also makes for good enchants and gear...

And, questing...did I mention that?

;>)

Bona Fortuna!!