PDA

View Full Version : Advise please.

EricOGraff
10-30-2009, 12:12 PM
Hello,

New to Tankspot, long time warrior. Back in Naxx I enjoyed top spots in dps as a Fury warrior. These days its tough out there even though I think my gear is at least ok. I am doing about 2.7k dps unbuffed on training dummy and getting about 4.3k dps in 25 man content on average. Over 8% hit, over 26 xpertise, about 38% crit unbuffed, over 5k ap with 40% arp. WW, Bt with slam on proc. HS or Cleave on dump.

Armory link
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Arygos&n=Ericograff)

Please help a brother out! I'm sure I must be missing something. Thanks a million!

EricOGraff
10-30-2009, 12:24 PM
Ok, I am getting 3.2k now on single target dummy

geros
10-30-2009, 12:27 PM
I'd swap worldcarver and Edge of Ruin... even though world carver is a bit faster it has higher top end and does more DPS. It lowers your DPS to have it take the offhand penalty I'm pretty sure.

Your gemming is a bit out of whack it looks like. You should either be going for all ArP or all STR. Put a full str gem in the wrist, the +4 str bonus isn't worth it. You are over hit cap so you don't need to make the +hit socket bonus. You only need 5% as a fury warrior and since you are lucky to be alliance you can probably rely on 4%. So drop those +hit/+str gems for +str. Well +crit/+str in the pants.

Destruyen
10-30-2009, 01:59 PM
replace all your arp gems with str gems since you dont have an arp proc trinket. replace alot of hit gems/gear with something else since you only need 4% hit as an alliance fury warrior.

kwag
10-30-2009, 03:33 PM
Yes, definitely gem strength instead of armor pen with your current gear. But why do Alliance Fury Warriors only need 4% hit? I haven't run as fury all expansion, but I was under the impression that Fury shoots for 8%, just like us. I run at 7% and assume I get a goat, but why 4?

Aggathon
10-30-2009, 03:38 PM
Yes, definitely gem strength instead of armor pen with your current gear. But why do Alliance Fury Warriors only need 4% hit? I haven't run as fury all expansion, but I was under the impression that Fury shoots for 8%, just like us. I run at 7% and assume I get a goat, but why 4?

I believe he means 4% from the tooltip, you get 3% from talents + goat.

kwag
10-30-2009, 03:42 PM
oh, of course, precision. durrrr.

EricOGraff
10-30-2009, 04:43 PM
Should I Gem all Strength? +34 Strength x3 or change all the Strength to Arp.? With current no trinket I'm at 40% armor pen. I guess my main question, what do you need for arp to be better than str. at 40% 36 expertise?

geros
10-30-2009, 05:27 PM
Unless you plan to attack the boss from the front 26 expertise is all you'll ever need. I believe you need 35-40% ArP with a grim toll / runestone to make it worthwhile as fury.

EricOGraff
11-02-2009, 12:30 PM
Thanks again! Time to index some fights and check some data.