PDA

View Full Version : Halp!

EricOGraff
10-30-2009, 11:41 AM
I have been reading till my eyes bleed, please be gentle.

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Arygos&n=Ericograff)

I am only able to achieve 2.7k dps unbuffed. And in 25 man raids fully buffed only 4.5k dps. WW,BT slam on proc. Hs Cleave on rage dump for single or groups.

In short Halp!

ZeruelTenken
10-30-2009, 02:35 PM
You're a bit below the hit cap for special attacks, even if you do have a draenai in your group (and more if you don't, obviously), and one expertise over the anti-dodge level, which honestly isn't terrible, if a minor waste of item budget. Personally, I like to have a little "wasted" hit over the special attack cap to smooth out incoming rage generation, but you'll find plenty of people who argue against that and do quite well for themselves.

Gemming ArPen may or may not be better than simply going strength, but it's tough to tell without playing with spreadsheets/RAWR, or just regemming and testing it out.

According to your Armory, you have two unspent talent points(?). If a lack of incoming rage is your problem, I'd drop those into Improved Berserker Rage so you can hit that during a lull, preferably while WW and BT are on cooldown and you're at low-ish rage.

Since there aren't any major glaring errors that I can see, I'm going to have to assume it comes down to overuse of your rage dumps, and/or timing of your DPS boosters (deathwish, trinkets, etc). Making sure that you don't starve yourself with HS/cleave is something you really have to play by ear, but 50-60 rage is probably a good floor for you to start from. As to cooldowns, if you're only going to get them once a fight, ask before the fight when bloodlust/hero is going out, and coincide with that.

As for dummy DPS, remember that you're going to scale quite a lot with raid buffs, so don't worry about it too much, as long as you can consistently get through your rotation and hit your bloodsurge procs right.

And last, but not least, another 232, or better, a 245 weapon to replace that 219 will give you a solid boost all by itself.

Too long, didn't read version: Keep at it, you're headed in the right direction.