PDA

View Full Version : Northrend Beasts problem

Daishan12
10-30-2009, 04:07 AM
So my guild have been working on northrend beasts this week. To be honest it could have gone better it could have gone worse! The tanking and healing is generally fine (although I feel a bit squishier than the pala/dk tank! but thats another matter). We decent dps but probably not good enough all around. Our high dps are very good but we have too many lower dpsers in the raid.

So we're getting to p3 quite often but with the snakes still up. We normally get Gormak down as the snakes come out, leaving dps a bit tight!

All of the above is just setting the scene really! So now we're getting the hang of it! We smash down gormak with about 10 seconds to spare and out wonder our snakey friends...only to despawn....
We burned 12 tries last night andthis happened on 5 of them (incidently our 5 BEST gormak kills!). Why is this happening is anyone else having this problem? How can we stop it?

One try this happened, we got back in the instance, restarted it and about 30 seconds in icehowl spawned.....WTF? I actually have a screen shot on my home pc of icehowl and gormak both up at the same time! panic insued otherwise we could have got a nice bugged kill lol!

Daishan12
10-30-2009, 04:07 AM
forgot to mention 25 man hardmode ofc.

Fayre
10-30-2009, 04:42 AM
We've had that problem. It's to do with the stationary worm not having anyone on its aggro table - try get your tank into place quickly and tell people not to use aggro drops in the break between bosses.

Mert
10-30-2009, 07:49 AM
If it's a known bug then you may as well try opening a ticket and seeing if a GM can refund those five bugged attempts to your Raid ID. Never seen this happen myself so I can't say for sure, but it seems unfair that you guys have wasted attempts on a bug that is really no fault of your own. Worst they can say is no, right? :)

Griff
10-30-2009, 11:29 AM
We've seen it too, usually when a naughty tank doesn't make the pickup quickly enough and one of the worms aggros on a dps who then goes invis, dies, etc. Its a bug but avoidable.

Only real option is to eat the lost attempt and have your tanks in the right place at the right time and you won't have to deal with it again.

Viridios
10-30-2009, 12:50 PM
We've seen it too, usually when a naughty tank doesn't make the pickup quickly enough and one of the worms aggros on a dps who then goes invis, dies, etc. Its a bug but avoidable.

Only real option is to eat the lost attempt and have your tanks in the right place at the right time and you won't have to deal with it again.

My guild had it happen twice so far, I don't think people went invis/etc. It looked to us more like what happens is this:

-Worms Spawn
-Gormok Dies
-Worms become targetable and immediately despawn

It only appears to be happening when Gormok dies while Worms are up but not targetable. Our theory is that it's because there's an aggro table when the worms spawn [for Gormok], and then an empty aggro table [which it translates as a last-second wipe].