PDA

View Full Version : Looking to be nit-picked!

Pixul
10-29-2009, 12:47 PM
Hey guys, just looking for any suggestions you can make, no matter what it is, enchants, gems, ect. Please provide a reason for why i should make these changes with your suggestion please!

WoW armory: The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Stormrage&n=pixul)

Risky
10-29-2009, 01:02 PM
First off, you may want to make a longer post. Nit-picking can go a lot of ways, and we as help advocates don't really know what exactly you're looking to accomplish.
I assume you're talking about 25ToGC after looking at your gear.

1) Don't get socket bonuses if they're crap. 4 dodge is crap. Gems are a careful balance, but a good starting point is to get any 9-12 stam bonuses (depending on the amount of sockets required). Always max stam for ToGC. You match all your socket bonuses, but dodge doesn't help on 75% of the incoming damage you receive. Get the bare minumum to activate your meta, and max your stam unless the socket bonus gives you more stam/EH total.

2)Further along the gem topic, you probably want to use these gems: 30stam, 10hit/15stam, 10agi/15stam. You're low on hit, and the agi does more than dodge. Still, go mostly stam.

3) Drop defense chants for stam/EH.

4) If you're using 4 piece t9 in leui of other gear, may want to consider going back to better pieces prior to t9. The 4piece is meh.

Pixul
10-29-2009, 01:11 PM
First off, you may want to make a longer post. Nit-picking can go a lot of ways, and we as help advocates don't really know what exactly you're looking to accomplish.
I assume you're talking about 25ToGC after looking at your gear.

1) Don't get socket bonuses if they're crap. 4 dodge is crap. Gems are a careful balance, but a good starting point is to get any 9-12 stam bonuses (depending on the amount of sockets required). Always max stam for ToGC. You match all your socket bonuses, but dodge doesn't help on 75% of the incoming damage you receive. Get the bare minumum to activate your meta, and max your stam unless the socket bonus gives you more stam/EH total.

2)Further along the gem topic, you probably want to use these gems: 30stam, 10hit/15stam, 10agi/15stam. You're low on hit, and the agi does more than dodge. Still, go mostly stam.

3) Drop defense chants for stam/EH.

4) If you're using 4 piece t9 in leui of other gear, may want to consider going back to better pieces prior to t9. The 4piece is meh.

thanks for the info even tho alot of it isnt quite accurate ( regarding the whole stack stam beyond belief thing ).

Aggathon
10-29-2009, 01:20 PM
thanks for the info even tho alot of it isnt quite accurate ( regarding the whole stack stam beyond belief thing ).

Actually a lot of it was accurate, and I would argue that he doesn't go far enough with how much stam you should stack. You could get a LOT more stam by dropping some pretty useless gems. Imo keep the one in your helm then EVERYTHING else should be stam. Also enchant your weapon, I'd recommend blood draining or bladewarding.

Threat stats don't matter, also get 275 hps to chest, 18 stam to shield, 225 armor to cloak and 240 armor to gloves.

Risky
10-29-2009, 01:27 PM

Well, I clear ToGC25. Armory my guy if you'd like.

The stam stack thing is very accurate in regards to ToGC25.
If you want more specific advice, refer to my first note in my first post, about being descriptive when you ask for advice.

However, if you'd like to continue getting crappy socket bonuses, critiquing the advice you're given and stacking dodge... enjoy your many, many wipes to come to ToGC.

krc
10-29-2009, 01:33 PM

I don't see what's wrong with just stacking EH, all of the bosses that have a threat at killling you will kill you with either unavoidable damage, unpredictable physical burst damage or they hit so hard that they risk 2-3 shotting you if you don't stack EH.