PDA

View Full Version : Guild Forums

ck5uperman
10-29-2009, 08:54 AM
How do you feel about guild forums? Do you frequent your guilds forum? If so, how often? Do you require you membership to post on your guild forums to remain active? What do you like about your guild forum/website?

Aleanathem
10-30-2009, 10:44 AM
I personally have been working on my own guild's forums. Currently starting up a raiding guild so it's a bit different opinion from those who have been at it for longer. That said I see a guild's forums as an important and integral part of the guild. The Guild Message of the Day, guild notes, etc cannot supply all the information needed. The in-game calendar works great, but doesn't setup every thing like I'd like it so I would rather use my own guild forums instead.

In my previous guild I was a frequent visitor to the site. The site was used by all members and was very active. Usage of the site was not required, but all of the guild's policies, events, recruitment, etc were posted there. I hope to see my guild's forums and site used similarly.

Prancy
11-05-2009, 11:16 PM
Post above me is about my situation too.

The guild I was in in vanilla wow was great, everyone was always trolling the forums and the community there was incredibly active and is the reason I still have contact with some of them to this day. I am of the opinion that a good forum will make a good guild.

Since that guild I have not see anything as effective. If anyone has some magical advice about jumpstarting forum usage please oh please tell me. I miss checking everyday to see what new things people have to share.

Ryoku
11-06-2009, 06:07 AM
Personally I set up a Eqkp-plus system for the guild I am in, this includes a forum, gallery download section, bossprogres,...

Its quite nice people regularly check it out, come inscribe for raids and see what other people looted and which bosses got downed.

I think if you offer people more than "just" a forum, they will be more likely to use it