PDA

View Full Version : Shifting Dreadstone VS Regal Dreadstone

Marrakech
10-28-2009, 12:53 PM
So im up against trying to decide whats best for a red socket choice.

Regal Dreadstone or Shifting Dreadstone.

Any input?

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Hyjal&n=Marrakech)
if you need to review anything.

Satorri
10-28-2009, 01:17 PM
I prefer Agi to Dodge myself for the composite value of avoidance, armor, and crit. Without crunching the numbers though, I can say with fair certainty you'll get more pure survival out of dodge rating, and a bit more threat value out of agility, definitely you will get more avoidance out of the dodge rating (not surprising right?).

Insahnity
10-28-2009, 01:33 PM
I prefer Agi to Dodge myself for the composite value of avoidance, armor, and crit. Without crunching the numbers though, I can say with fair certainty you'll get more pure survival out of dodge rating, and a bit more threat value out of agility, definitely you will get more avoidance out of the dodge rating (not surprising right?).

Poor Satorri is repeating himself...

But I agree. Agi is what I would be inclined to go for due to overall benefits (again without crunching DK numbers) based on dodge, armor and crit. But how does one compare the value of minisucle amounts of avoidance to equally small amounts of extra threat? *shrug*

Please note, agi gains from Kings, whereas dodge does not. Should be factored into any number crunching.

jaydee
10-29-2009, 01:27 AM
I used to go with Regal, then went Shifting, but now had to go with Guardian for the expertise. I've yet to get the expertise 245 cape from Jaraxxus to make me go above 26 again with an axe.

Mert
10-29-2009, 06:16 AM
Shifting gives you 20 Armor from the Agi which, while very small, is the best gem for EH that matches a red socket. After diminishing returns Dodge and Agi (inc. Kings) aren't that dissimilar in terms of avoidance - Dodge still gives you more, but not to such a degree that it really makes a huge difference. I personally go with Shifting for the same reasons as the guys above.

wazdaa
10-29-2009, 08:24 AM
Shifting gives you 20 Armor from the Agi which, while very small, is the best gem for EH that matches a red socket. After diminishing returns Dodge and Agi (inc. Kings) aren't that dissimilar in terms of avoidance - Dodge still gives you more, but not to such a degree that it really makes a huge difference. I personally go with Shifting for the same reasons as the guys above.

while this is all nice, if you are so eager on maxing EH, it probably is best to just pop a 30stam gem into it

Synapse
10-29-2009, 08:26 AM
while this is all nice, if you are so eager on maxing EH, it probably is best to just pop a 30stam gem into it
That's not an eagerness to max eh, it's just the fact we want that freakish red slot blinking :D

Mert
10-29-2009, 09:11 AM
Well our meta requires one red gem so even with wild and crazy "Stam in every hole" gemming, you'd still probably have to use one Shifting somewhere.

I agree that if EH is your sole focus then of course, Stam goes everywhere but assuming an attractive socket bonus like +12 Stam then the avoidance and threat from +10 Agi trump the additional +3 Stam, even if the +20 Armor is less EH overall.

I think it's entirely possible to focus on EH with your gear without having to completely maximise it to the detriment of your other stats. Being smart with your socket bonuses and agreeing to miss out on 3 Stam here and there is, in my opinion, wiser overall. I choose Agi over Dodge because it contributes to my EH whilst still providing similar bonuses to the Regal.