PDA

View Full Version : Unholy Dps gear check, please?

CorporateNINJA
10-28-2009, 11:13 AM
howdy,

ive been playing wow for 10 months now and have 2 lvl 80s on my account. as my first toon was a prot warrior, i was directed to tankspot for answers to my many questions and i must say that yall have succeded admerably.

recently i have switched to my dk and have been running him in unholy dps spec (im currently using spec 1 from the dk dps compendium). i have been grinding heroics for a couple of weeks now for emblems and have purchased 4 of the 6 pieces of dps plate from the conquest vendor (starting on the more expensive tier pieces now). i also farmed daily heroics for the Sigil of Virulence. first off here is my armory:

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Frostmane&n=Kugorn)

and here are my questions.

am i ready to switch to spec 2 in the dps compendium? (i think i am, but im not 100% sure)
*edit* Just switched :-)

where do i go next?

what raids am i ready for? (Ulduar 10/25?)

with sigil of virulence, wouldnt it be more beneficial to use the rotation:

IT>PS>ScS>BSx2>DCx2 (basic rotation 2345566)

swapping ScS to the #4 slot, procing the sigil before your 2 bloodstrikes rather than after. 200str is nice to have (especially with fallen crusader) and i would think getting it sooner rather than later would be a nice boost in damage.

Richie
10-29-2009, 09:28 AM
How much dps you do at the heroic dummy? And why you wear a PvP piece...?

CorporateNINJA
10-29-2009, 10:53 AM
Checked maxdps.com and it says 2491.2 dps

Checked Rawr and got 2266.71 dps

and the pvp piece (iLvl 213) was an upgrade from my old shoulders (iLvl200 blue tank shoulders). it gives better (and more relevant) dps stats (strength and crit rating) than the old piece. it will do untill i can find something better.

Hades
11-02-2009, 07:32 PM
I've never seen this DK DPS Compendium thing, so I couldn't tell you for sure. Two things I CAN tell you is that your hit rate is down just a bit (Need another 1% miss reduction, 29 hit rate), and your expertise is dreadful so fighting like a rogue is REQUIRED so you don't get the tank murdered. I've never used RAWR, so I have no idea about that, but I put my own gear into MaxDPS.com's little thing, and I should be doing like 1500 DPS, half of the 3k I actually do. The conclusion is that you can't really take maxdps's word for it. Also, beating up the Heroic Dummy in Org won't give you honest results because with your expertise you should be fighting from behind, and you can't get back there. Only things I'd change are the split gems. I'd change them to pure strength because 6 crit rate doesn't justify the socket bonus. Just remember to stay behind the mobs, and you'll do quite well. And for the record, I wear the Deadly Shoulders as well, plus the Hateful chest. Works like a charm!

Necroshen
11-04-2009, 01:50 AM

CorporateNINJA
11-07-2009, 02:12 PM
wowwiki says you need a total of 8% miss reduction against a lvl 83 raid boss(262.32 total hit rating to be capped).

Hit - WoWWiki - Your guide to the World of Warcraft (http://www.wowwiki.com/Hit_rating#Calculating_miss_rate)

i have 3 split gems right now, 2 purple and 1 orange. the purples i put into 2 of my blue sockets to proc my meta gem, and the orange i took to get over the hit cap. the socket bonus is just that, a bonus. i needed to proc my meta and if i have to sacrifice strength to do so, i would choose to place the split gems where i might get something in return (like a little crit rating, lol)

i did beat on the heroic training dummy for 1mil damage. had time to use Summon Gargoyle twice. only used SG when it and my trinket (670ap/20sec) were off cd.

2797.8 dps (latest version of recount)

and here is the link to Tankspot's DPS DK compendium

http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f177/43016-death-knight-raid-dps-compendium-fr-bl-uh.html

thank you for the advice and untill i can get my expertise up, ill just keep stabbing bosses in the @$$.