PDA

View Full Version : Unhittable set?

Holynite
10-27-2009, 12:10 PM
I have searched through all the forums, and either im not finding it or its not there. I am looking for a complete set of gear for the unhittable set for Prot Paladins (lets go with top 3 for each slot if possible).

Also what gems? PURE defense? defense/dodge, defense/parry, agility?

Should i use str food for more block, or agi food for more dodge?

Should i use guru elixir? elixir of might str? or might agi? might defense?

Enchants defense on everything? and agility on everything else? what about bracers? what about shield should i go defense or block value?

i only have 1 tank weapon and 1 tank shield (shiver and boreal guard) should i regem them for this fight then switch my gems back?

Is there anything else i need to know? Sorry I know this is a lot of questions, but I have been reading over A lot of the posts and some of these questions are asked, but not all of them in 1 place.

Thank you VERY much in advance.

Risky
10-27-2009, 12:15 PM
http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f14/57048-anub-arak-add-tanking-guide.html

Holynite
10-28-2009, 06:04 AM
I know the warrior loot list and everything is similar, but there are some difference, i would also like to get the perspective of a paladin tank as for consumables, enchants and gems, since we gear a little differently than warriors, and our tier gear is different as well

loquatious
10-28-2009, 06:49 AM
I know the warrior loot list and everything is similar, but there are some difference, i would also like to get the perspective of a paladin tank as for consumables, enchants and gems, since we gear a little differently than warriors, and our tier gear is different as well

Can you explain the differences? As far as I know you cant count on your shield charges so you have to gem/gear for 101.6% unhittable and stack as much shield block value as you can.

Other than substituting Pally tier armor can you think of one piece of gear on the "warrior" list you would substitute?

Maat
10-28-2009, 09:47 AM
Holy Shield is fairly worthless in the H25 Anubarak situation - 8 charges on an 8 second cooldown vs. 4 of those adds...

Generally the unhittable set and consumables looks exactly the same as for warrior but usually needing another piece of block rating gear, as warriors can talent for 5% more block rating.

Even missing 2 pieces of block rating gear from that list you would be scratching to get enough to reach 101.6% (which is my problem, only missing IC25 gloves and Lavanthor's Talisman), so unless you have collected a lot of gear I wouldn't really advise single-tanking

Takethecake
10-28-2009, 10:37 AM
Not sure if tankspot frowns on linking to other sites, but Maintankadin • View topic - Tanking Anub'Arak heroic adds (http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/forum/index.php?f=36&t=26499&rb_v=viewtopic) covers add tanking from a purely paladin standpoint. Like the others have said, their is very little difference between the paladin and warrior approach, other than paladins being 5% in the hole for unhittable.

Their are at least 10 posts between the two sites covering exactly what you asked though. Either your really bad at looking things up or you didn't put any effort behind it.

Holynite
10-28-2009, 10:56 AM
Paladins get more point for point dodge from agi, was wondering if that would effect how we gem? or should we be useing str food for extra block over agi food?

Aggathon
10-28-2009, 11:45 AM
Paladins get more point for point dodge from agi, was wondering if that would effect how we gem? or should we be useing str food for extra block over agi food?

Gem Defense. I personally use agi food and str potion, but that's just b/c I'm fairly high over 101.6%. If you can afford it and you're low on SBV it's not a terrible idea but 101.6% take precidence over everything else.

ryofu
10-29-2009, 09:41 PM
Remember you only need to be 101.6% AFTER full raid buffs and your food and elixir buffs.

Horn of winter + Blessing of Kings + Motw + Agi elixir and def elixir can make up alot of avoidance for the unhittable 101.6% needed for anub add tanking. I find as long as i have about 97.8% unbuffed i can make up enough from buffs to hit 101.6%

Holynite
10-31-2009, 10:20 AM
im still having trouble getting there, run hvh every day no trinket, ran both toons through naxx 25 and uld 10 and still no boots or cloak, and none on the AH horde or alliance side...

for the 10 man version should i go for unhittable or just dps the adds and boss and not worry so much about the unhittable ?

In my normal tanking gear im at 70.74 avoidance,1817 BV, 41.6k hp unbuffed.

In my block gear, im at 86.29 avoid, 2558 block, 31974 hp

I can swap out a few pieces, like with that gear im wearing the 9.25 helm, but ive got the 8.5 helm i could put on, or i could swap the wyrmguard legplages for the 9.25 legs.

We are on anub and have 46 attemps left. Last week we wiped on him about 15 times. This is for the 10 man heroic, not 25 yet

Kherberos
10-31-2009, 10:58 AM
For the 10 man Its not rly needed to be unhittable. Sure it helps ALOT but its only 2 adds that your tanking , so if you have only 90% unhittable with raid buffs then go ahead, its good enough. And keep building up your set while you guys are progressing week by week.

Atm, id swap in every piece of gear you can to raise the %. That will help you most atm untill you reach 101.6% , after which you can focus on raising BV