PDA

View Full Version : Just wanted to make sure I'm not missing something

Hearteater
10-27-2009, 08:15 AM
Hey guys. I've been doing minor tanking on my warrior since BC but have been MT'n alot lately and after reading up here and over on EJ's forums I think I've got a good grasp on what I'm doing gear/spec/glyph wise but want to have you guys double check me to make sure I'm not missing something.

Armory: The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Fizzcrank&n=Hearteater)

As a note I've been thinking of swithing out my onyxia trinket for the jc tanking trinket sine getting my new rings I don't need the +def anymore.

Shortypop
10-27-2009, 08:21 AM
A lot of people would say it's a minor thing, but if I was to dual-spec prot I'd be adventuresome with the second spec - either a Unrelenting Assault build or one heavier in fury - for shout buffs and piercing howl - depends a lot on what you're tanking though :)

Hearteater
10-27-2009, 12:43 PM
A lot of people would say it's a minor thing, but if I was to dual-spec prot I'd be adventuresome with the second spec - either a Unrelenting Assault build or one heavier in fury - for shout buffs and piercing howl - depends a lot on what you're tanking though :)

I am primarily doing ToC 10 and ony 25. I have figured out exactly what to do on my 2nd spec. I'll look into your suggestions though.

krc
10-27-2009, 01:29 PM
If your main content is ToC then I would change 16 defense to 225 armor, 22 defense to 275 health and change all of your hit gems and dodge gems to 30 stamina. There are also probably quite a few good upgrades out there for the Wyrmguard Leggings that have so much block on them.

For your glyphs and specs in your threat spec one thing I would change is to switch out Glyph of Shockwave with Glyph of Vigilance unless your are having major AoE problems. In your survival spec since after all your main focus in it is survival and you don't have a fury warrior in the raid I would make it like this with improved Demo Shout and Commanding Presence Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#LVZGV00xZVItMx0didczsGo:TrcmoM)

Aggathon
10-27-2009, 02:04 PM
I personally completely disagree with having a imp demo imp commanding shout spec unless you truely have no one else in the raid that puts those up.

Pallies have Vingence, Feral Druids usually spec into it and can easier than we can, fury warriors should have commanding presence, etc. etc. If you don't have those options then maybe, but I simply find the points in the arms tree much more valuable since overlapping abilities like that typically results in nothing more than wasted talent points.

Edit: otherwise KRC is right on the money, stam stam stam.

Hearteater
10-27-2009, 03:33 PM
I have the dodge stam gem for the meta and I went ahead and put a yellow gem in the pants for the set bonus (10 hit + 15 stam + 12 stam bonus vs 30 stam). And I was so low on hit/exp I was a little paranoid so I that's why the gem on the sword. I did shockwave for the threat spec for aoe specifically. I don't have threat issues at all. And as for upgrades on my legs I have been very very unlucky.

krc
10-27-2009, 04:09 PM
Honestly I wouldn't worry about your hit and expertise too much unless you are having threat problems. If that threat spec is for AoE specifically you probably should get glyph of cleave since that is a very good AoE glyph. Another thing you could do in your AoE spec is get Improved Cleave and even Piercing Howl which helps alot for Off tanking aswell.

Xianth
10-28-2009, 03:23 AM
I wouldn't discount expertise, it's important in reducing the chance you'll take spike damage from parry-hasted hits and until you have more than 27 expertise value it's worth almost double the value of hit in terms of threat generation. I'd go with exp/stam to get meta working.