PDA

View Full Version : Never got to brewfest

Rominoodle
10-27-2009, 08:00 AM
So, I am coming across a concern in my tanking. I feel like I am always going to be behind the tanking curve for EH because I missed brewfest and I wasn't 80 at the time that it was up. Now i've been 80 for a couple of weeks, but I feel like I have to gem and enchant for stamina to make up for my lack of the brewfest trinkets. I see 90% of the tanks on my server with at least 1, if not 2 of these trinkets so I know the Stam must be a good thing...Any ideas on what trinkets I should go for considering I wasn't able to pick up the two 170 stam trinkets? Armory is below, any help would be appreciated.

Niian
10-27-2009, 03:23 PM
You don't need the brewfest trinkets to tank.
Personally I prefer using dodge trinkets as extra health can only get you so far, however I have HP trinkets for when I need the boost. It's all situational.

You've already got the Black Heart which is one of the best trinkets for EH.
Grab the Ony trinket it you can. The Heart of Iron is also a pretty sexy one.

Reev
10-27-2009, 03:34 PM
The Black Heart is an amazing trinket, better than the brewfest trinkets in most situations.
The Heart of Iron is a very good EH trinket with 162 stam, available off 25 player Ignis, so easily obtainable.
The Seal of King Lane is not as easy to get. It drops off of 10 man Yogg-Saron. You're probably better off going for a Heart of Iron.
Juggernaut's Vitality/Satrina's Impeding Scarab drops off of Faction Champions in 25 man ToC. That's actually easier than Ulduar in my opinion, and the non-heroic version gives you 192 stam.

As far as Dodge trinkets go, there are relatively few situations in game where a dodge trinket will be more valuable than a stamina trinket, particularly in progression raiding.

Mert
10-28-2009, 06:29 AM
The first thing I have to recommend is levelling your Blacksmithing - by not having this at 400 you're already missing out on 60 Stamina. I know it's expensive, but levelling it should be a top priority for you. For maximum flexibility across your two specs something like Jewelcrafting would be good to replace Mining, though for Prot specifically it offers very little benefit (an extra 3 Stam on what you get from Mining's passive buff).

In terms of trinkets, you have The Black Heart already. If you do choose to level JC, you'll have access to the Figurine: Monarch Crab, which is a great piece with two sockets in it. If you do want to run dual Stam trinkets (which many would advise for current progression content) then Heart of Iron from Ignis-25 as suggested or at the very least Essence of Gossamer which can be pretty easily obtained from AN Heroic.

You may wish to run the PvP shoulder enchant instead of the Sons of Hodir Honored one - it offers 30 Stam and 15 Resilliance which, from an iLevel perspective is "worse" than the SoH Exalted one but does have the benefit of enhancing Effective Health rather than avoidance.

If you find that doing any/all of the above leaves you short of the Defense minimum, you have some options in the form of your enchants - I'd switch Chest to Defense first, followed by Defense to Shield and finally, if you still need more Defense Rating, your cloak - however, your cloak has a great Armor enchant available so I'd save that until last, personally.

You don't need dual Stam trinkets of course, but it's always good to have the option - most good tanks switch trinkets around regularly for different encounters so get them and store them and wave goodbye to your bag space!

Khordam
10-28-2009, 06:33 AM
Don't ignore the Glyph of Indomitability for Triumph emblems, either. Tons of armor and a juicy on-use dodge buff.

Tendo
10-29-2009, 08:15 AM
You may wish to run the PvP shoulder enchant instead of the Sons of Hodir Honored one - it offers 30 Stam and 15 Resilliance which, from an iLevel perspective is "worse" than the SoH Exalted one but does have the benefit of enhancing Effective Health rather than avoidance.

Thank you Mert! Wow, I've never done any PvP outside of G.N.E.R.D. Rage, so I had no idea that chant existed!

Mert
10-29-2009, 09:24 AM
To be honest, you don't even need to PvP really - you can turn in all those Stone Keeper's Shards you've had hanging around gathering dust when your faction holds Wintergrasp for Honor points - 150 Shards gets you precicely 10,000 Honor, which is the cost of the enchant :)