PDA

View Full Version : Disarming Gormok

Kuraf
10-27-2009, 05:38 AM
Greetings,

I'm pretty sure most of you have already tried or considered this but here it goes anyway. I was tanking gormok last night on an alt run with my guildies and by disarming gormok (along with TC + Demo Shout) was making me take A LOT less damage than I usually would... this was specially handy for the later part of the fight.

The focus of my question here is the value of improved disarm for such a fight? (i run 2 prot specs so I could have a fight specific build)

Another thing is, the 10% more dmg from improved disarm is "any good" (so to speak)?

Fenier
10-27-2009, 06:15 AM
Being a Druid I can't 100% confirm, but he's immune to Disarm on Heroic I think?

Additionally, a few extra seconds off Disarm is going to allow you to possible Disarm almost every time you tank, so you space out the spikeyness a bit more. However, since the fight has a lot of target switching, most of that damage bonus is going to be lost unless all the snowbolds are down.

I am not sure I see the value in taking it considering those factors given how limited the application is.

Pitstarter
10-27-2009, 06:54 AM
Indeed, Gormok is immune to disarm (and probably by extension, dismantle?) in heroic mode.

Kuraf
10-27-2009, 07:01 AM
Hmmm had no idea it doesn't work in HC mode (haven't started it yet) and that surely limits the use of disarm/imp. disarm...

Regarding the +10% dmg, is it overwritten by any debuff(s)?

Haur
10-27-2009, 07:13 AM
Its flat 10% dmg increase from all sources for 10 sec with 40 sec cd. You would do (feel free to correct) 10% increase for 25% of time (with ideal full dps of everyone on boss) giving you total 2,5% more dmg overall. It may sounds nice but its for normal modes only and its use can be debateable. You might get some use on it from later bosses (adds on demons, melee at pvp encounter, valkyrs) so if you really want to try it, go ahead :].

Breadfast
10-27-2009, 07:17 AM
Correct, you cannot disarm (or dismantle, etc) Gormok in Heroic (10 and 25) mode.

The main benefit of using a disarm effect on Gormok is that it stops his ability to Impale while active.

If you're having trouble with DPS in normal mode, Imp. Disarm is an option. This is one of the very few fights right now that it will do anything positive for you.

Imp. Disarm is generally regarded as entirely ignorable, however.

I'm not aware of any debuff conflicts, as there isn't another flat damage buff this large.

Xianth
10-27-2009, 07:24 AM
I considered speccing it when we were starting hard modes but soon found he couldn't be disarmed :(

Kuraf
10-27-2009, 08:38 AM
With the new information you guys provided me, i believe that the usage of improved disarm would become too limited to be worthwhile.

Thanks for the feedback :)