PDA

View Full Version : Ony Trinket Vs. Crab Vs. *?

Feist
10-26-2009, 04:35 PM
So, I'm gearing up my alt tankadin rapid fire style atm, and I find myself with a gearing dilemma. First off, an armory link: The World of Warcraft Armory (http://armorylite.com/us/mok%27nathal/fast)

Ignore the Greatness Card, that's for heroics and such. I also have the better Libram for when I want the avoidance, so keep that in mind of dodge DR affects the advice i'll get here.

I have 2 major options for my second trinket at the moment. A Monarch Crab, with a Stam gem and a Defense gem (+24 and +16). I also have the Onyxia trinket with tons of Defense, but no Stam.

I'm mostly tanking 10s and Heroic 10s atm, with the occasional pug 25 (Ulduar normal modes, normal ToC25 in other words). The way I see it, I have the following options:

The gear setup currently shown in my armory (Signet of the Accord, Monarch Crab in place of Greatness), or dropping the Crab for the Onyxia trinket, and using a Signet of Winter in place of the Wyrmrest ring. This puts me comfortably over the Dcap picking up a bunch of Str and some armor, at the expense of a bit of Stam and the crabs clicky (which I admittedly use far less than I probably should).

If it means anything, I also have a T8 chest and the Iron Council 10 cloak in my bags ready to swap in, will have a T8.5 helm in a few days, to adjust around D-cap if someone has some other suggestions on how I might rejigger my gear to stay at 540 while figuring out this trinket dilemma.

Niian
10-26-2009, 05:24 PM
Armoury link doesn't work because you have a non-standard character in your name.

-e
Copy pasted "Fast (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Mok%27nathal&n=Fa%FCst)" and just did a search.
You're sitting on the defence cap (don't worry about going over, you can never have too much defence), dodge is a little low but given the instances/gear you are doing/have it's OK. Parry is good, block is good.

I'd say use the Monarch Crab when you need a little extra health, and the Ony trinket when you want some more avoidance/mitigation stats. If a boss is hitting hard then go for stam, if it's hitting softer but faster go for avoidance/mitigation.

Feist
10-26-2009, 05:27 PM
Armoury link doesn't work because you have a non-standard character in your name.

Fixed I hope!

Feist
10-26-2009, 07:18 PM

-e
Copy pasted "Fast (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Mok%27nathal&n=Fa%FCst)" and just did a search.
You're sitting on the defence cap (don't worry about going over, you can never have too much defence), dodge is a little low but given the instances/gear you are doing/have it's OK. Parry is good, block is good.

I'd say use the Monarch Crab when you need a little extra health, and the Ony trinket when you want some more avoidance/mitigation stats. If a boss is hitting hard then go for stam, if it's hitting softer but faster go for avoidance/mitigation.

My 'gotcha' is that if I use the Ony trink, I can switch out the Signet of the Accord for the substantially superior Signet of Winter. That's the real dilemma here I suppose.

Niian
10-26-2009, 07:52 PM
If you are over the def cap swapping the ring and using the Ony trinket then do it.
The bonuses from the ring upgrade are worth it, not to mention the parry found on the Ony trinket!