PDA

View Full Version : Advice

Couladin
10-26-2009, 02:42 PM
Hej all,

I am reading on this site for a while now and now would like some advice.

I have started a Death Knight for the purpose of creating another tank for our guild and beceause I want more diversity just besides my dps Hunter. I am levelling my Death Knight as we speak. He is now level 76 and I expect to reach 80 soon.

I am not starting to collect my first pieces of ilvl 200 gear that can be gemmed and enchanted. My first question adresses this "problem". I am a total tank noob and would like your thoughts on this. What is the best way to gem and enchant a Death Knight? Is there a difference between gemming and enchanting a new 80 and a lvl 80 DK with better gear?

Furthermore I know I have to reach the defence cap as fast as possible after hitting 80 and I read the guides to achieve this. Besides this, what tips can be given for getting gear? What are the important things to think about?

Last, are there other important thinks I have to think about? Any general tanking tips are welcome. :)

Some additional information. We have a 10 man casual raiding guild. This means I won't be raiding 25 mans (besides maybe an accidental pug). We don't have a standard set up but instead use a system in which we roll a d100. The highest rolls get to raid. So the raid set up changes a lot. This also means we don't have a set main tank but we choose the main tank in that raid.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks in advance. :)

Rominoodle
10-26-2009, 03:07 PM
For now, worry about leveling up. if you plan on being a tank at level 80, i'd be trying to tank the instances as you level up. Pick up BoE defensive gear, quest gear for defense and work at getting your cap. Once you hit 80, get some basic defense enchants on your gear just to keep you above the cap for 80. Get your basic run of the mill heroics, Nexus, UK, VH done every day until you can start picking up conquest gear. Don't make the mistake of attempting to tank at 80 without ever tanking before...people will hate you for it. For now though focus on getting 80 then get back to the forums, there is tons of advice here. It's helped me immensely in my gearing / tanking skills.

ghromorth
10-27-2009, 09:54 AM
Tell your guild to run you thru ToC 5 man normal and heroic, craft epic pieces wich is pretty easy, and change badges for t8 (when you hit 32k just run ToC10) and thats how you equip your tank fast and easy.

For the tanking advice just check sartorri post i dont have the link

Couladin
11-04-2009, 10:46 AM
Thanks for the advice so far. Going to reach 79 tonight, so not to long before I reach 80. :)

Swam
11-04-2009, 02:26 PM
http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f97/41986-cider-s-easy-540-defense-gear-guide.html
For dk its easier to start out using a 2 hander for the 25 def enchant. Getting the relic that gives def is helpful as well. Gemming as a fresh 80 gem for
1) Def if needed
2) Stam
3) stam/avoidance gems