PDA

View Full Version : Next step in gear progression?

Tendo
10-26-2009, 09:53 AM
My armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Burning+Legion&n=Tendo). I've got an empty socket slot (I think) on my bracers for the 3rd +51 Stam JC Dragon's Eye, which I'll be getting today with my JC daily.

Few specific questions about the next step in gear upgrades. First, some details about my play:

I currently just run heroics with my friends. The 4 of us (the 4 main members of my guild, we're just IRL friends) are all starting to become geared and confident enough to start raiding in PuG raids every once in a while: VOA, OS, soon Ony and ToC.

I've never completed Naxx or Ulduar, and time permitting, I'll be pugging into these when possible.

Daily H-ToC runs for new shoulders and that sword.

I tend to flirt the line with Defense Cap: I can afford to replace a +16 Def Rating gem (or the cloak enchant) with current gear to sneak in something more. +30 stam epic somewhere, or different chant on cloak?

Ok, question the first: 22 Triumph right now, slowly gaining more from heroic dailies. How should I spend them?

I expect the shoulders to drop in ToC before I get enough for badge shoulders. I'm thinking I should get the tank thown axes (get them by Wednesday at this rate) for a tiny loss in stam overall (considering gem loss), but much more strength and avoidance. Ideas?

2: T7. I've held onto the gloves/legs combo while gearing up because the bonus damage is nice. However, now that most of my old gear has been upgraded, these T7 pieces are looking a little sad. Can you WoW combat math geniuses tell me how far up the upgrade tree should I aim for so that the new gear's stats outweigh the bonus shield slam damage? If that's impossible to do, just tell me to get T8 badge legs and I've got Mercy's Hold in bank just waiting to be used. (http://www.wowhead.com/?compare=47212;39622)

Thanks for suggestions!

Theotherone
10-26-2009, 10:04 AM
My opinion, save 30 emblems and buy your lvl 232 tier shoulders or wait until 50 and buy the tank ring. The tank ring is well worth the 50 and you'll have it a long time before it needs replacing.

krc
10-26-2009, 10:09 AM
I think the biggest upgrade you could save for to get with your Emblems of Triumph is the shoulders, from an EH point of view it has around 225 more armor than your current shoulders 52 more stamina and it has enough defense that you can switch out one of your defense gems for a stamina gem giving you 30 more stamina. From an avoidance point of view it has 22 more defense 45 more dodge and 53 more parry. The throwing weapon doesn't cost as much as this but won't give you nearly as much as an upgrade.

The second thing I would get is the Cluth of Fortification ring, only 50 badges and it offers 21 more stamina 560 more armor and 15 more defense which gives you an opportunity to stack more EH. After that it would be a toss up between the head and the throwing axe, the head is a bigger upgrade but cost three times more.

Don't worry about replacing your T7 set bonus too much, when you first get into Ulduar you will find that bosses hit much harder than they did in previous raids and survivability will be your main concern over damage.

Griff
10-26-2009, 10:30 AM
A blue-quality defense gem in your saronite sword breakers? And you're a JC? Really?

Theotherone
10-26-2009, 10:38 AM
A blue-quality defense gem in your saronite sword breakers? And you're a JC? Really?

I don't get it? What's wrong with 51 stam in a prismatic socket?

Griff
10-26-2009, 10:41 AM
Whoops, my bad, I misread the original post!

Theotherone
10-26-2009, 10:44 AM
I thought that was it, but wasn't sure and was genuinely curious as to what would have been better. Thought I might have missed a new gem pattern that was snuck in.

Tendo
10-26-2009, 11:02 AM
Yeah, the BS socket will get my last 51stam gem today when I can do the daily at home...

Those shoulders look like the best bet. I'm going to have to start raiding a bit to get to them, otherwise I have a month of heroic dailies before I get them :S

Thanks again!