PDA

View Full Version : TOGC10 Ready or not (again)?

DogShep
10-26-2009, 09:19 AM
We attempted TOGC10 last night, not even downing Beasts. We got to Icehowl once.

My problem is that I seemed to be dying a LOT to the first Beast Gormok. I'm curious if it had to do with the healers or with me needing a little more gear or maybe talenting for block.

My armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightbringer&n=Dogshep)

Thanks in advance!
~Dog~

Edit: Forgot to mention we are running 3 healers and we have two at 3500hps and one at 4000. A resto sham, holy pal, and holy priest.

Xianth
10-26-2009, 09:26 AM
Most of the answers you are looking for are probably in this forum, but here's a few quick pointers:

-You don't need block for beasts.

-Make sure you have at least 36k unbuffed HP

-If you are missing any of the health buffs then make sure somebody brings drums/scrolls to make up for it

-Swap on 2 stacks on impale, use your shield wall on your 3rd turn of tanking. Use shield wall. If you really need to you can use last stand for your 2nd turn on tanking, but it shouldnt be necessary.

-Impale is exactly every 12 seconds like clockwork, make sure you use your cooldowns a second before your first impale to make sure they overlap both impale hits.

-Use indestructable potions

-make sure somebody is specced imp demo shout and that it (or a similar AP debuff) is up at all times.

DogShep
10-26-2009, 09:29 AM
Thanks, I'll probably have to go imp demo for this since I'm the only warrior, and we have no hunter. I had forgotten about indestructible pots also.

Griff
10-26-2009, 10:10 AM
A couple of other things - when you're not the active tank in the taunt rotation, get away from him - you'll have those ticking dots and if the tick and gormok's stomp land at the same time, you could find yourself in a dangerous situation.

You might need to use a three stack rotation in 10 man, iirc, the stacks don't tick off in time with just two stacks.

Xianth
10-26-2009, 11:22 AM
You might need to use a three stack rotation in 10 man, iirc, the stacks don't tick off in time with just two stacks.

They do.

DogShep
10-27-2009, 01:06 PM
A couple of other things - when you're not the active tank in the taunt rotation, get away from him - you'll have those ticking dots and if the tick and gormok's stomp land at the same time, you could find yourself in a dangerous situation.

I'll try getting away from him while I'm not the active tank, that makes sense especially since I can charge in.

The stacks tick off just in time for two stacks, I taunt about 5 seconds left and I'm fine.