PDA

View Full Version : Anger Management talent question

Isis
10-26-2009, 06:52 AM
I picked up Anger Management talent today hoping that it will help with rage generation. However, I am not really seeing too much of a difference at the moment. There are two things that puzzle me:

* Rage generation from Anger Management is not showing up in combat logs - is this normal?
* I thought Anger Management generates rage outside combat and it counterbalances the rage decay over time so overall effect is that rage does not decay after the combat is over. However, I still see visible rage decay, and although I don't have data to back this up but it seems that the overall rate of decay has not changed. Is my understanding correct and if so why is this happening?

Satrina
10-26-2009, 07:08 AM
Wrong forum, moved. Please read: http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f56/46395-posting-chat-rules-read-me-before-posting.html

Since your rage is decaying out of combat, it's pretty clear that your understanding is wrong I would say ;)

You will never generate rage outside of combat unless you use a rage potion, hit Bloodrage, charge a critter (though that will briefly put you in combat anyway) or whatever. AM certainly does not put you in a state of continual rage generation. It has not claimed to reduce the rage decay rate in quite a long time.

AM gives you an extra 20 rage per minute in combat.

Blue
10-26-2009, 08:23 AM
Rage gen outside combat? Wow, that would be something! Maybe a talent called, "Self abuse", where you wound yourself, and, instead of bandages, you take roids?

;>)

Actually, I've never seen much from Anger Management, to justify taking it, even in Arms spec.

Breadfast
10-26-2009, 03:57 PM
If this is unchanged, Anger Management will tack on a few additional rage points when you pop Bloodrage outside of combat.

This talent is pretty poor unless you're completely rage-starved.

Isis
10-26-2009, 04:11 PM
The in-game tooltip simply says it generates 1 rage per 3 seconds and does not say in combat. The notes in WoWWiki.com is a bit confusing (Anger Management - WoWWiki - Your guide to the World of Warcraft (http://www.wowwiki.com/Anger_Management)) because it seems to say that it generates rage outside the combat, but the part that compares Anger Management with Berserker Rage implies that AM does not generate rage outside combat.

And if it is generating rage in combat, shouldn't the rage generation logged in the combat log? There is absolutely nothing in the log as far as I can see.

P.s. Sorry Satrina I thought HALP forum was for people wanting advice, and since I was after clarifications I thought General forum was the best one :)