PDA

View Full Version : I'm tired of being destroyed in Heroic ToC 10-Man

Ghwerig
10-26-2009, 03:49 AM
Lately I have been finding difficulties in surviving Heroic ToC 10 Man. My guild has successfully put Reg ToC 10-Man on the farming shelf and has decided to move on to Heroic but we have yet to pass Beasts of Northrend. Furthermore, I find myself not being able to last through Gormok's first set of Impales. For the sake of my guild and my repair bill please help me solve this problem. Below is a link to my armory so you can see what exactly I am working with. Thanks in advance.

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dethecus&cn=Ghwerig&gn=One+Eyed+Jacks)

Andomar
10-26-2009, 04:19 AM
Tbh your gear seems fine, I can think of some small improvements but they shouldn't matter too much:

Most hard mode tanks seem to gem entirely for stamina
Block value and block rating are mostly useless in hard mode, so f.e. your neck piece could be improved
Improved Demo Shout makes a difference; or take a warlock or hunter with the top rank attack power reduction debuff
Eitrigg's Oath isn't the most useful of trinkets, I'd take one with stamina
You could use Blood Draining as weapon enchant, this has the effect of giving you 1800 extra health

It's PROBABLY a good idea to look at how your healers are doing. Inspect the logs of your death and compare incoming damage with incoming heals; the recount addon can do that.

Martie
10-26-2009, 04:38 AM
How many stacks do you take in 10man before swapping?

Deceptive as it may be, avoidance is very good here - avoiding the melee attacks means you don't die.

The attack power debuff mentioned indeed makes a big difference.

Make sure your healers are freed from their kobolds - you need the healing, and a lot of it.

Tell your healers you need to be kept topped off at all times.

Serrated
10-26-2009, 07:35 AM
Make sure you making use of Blessing of Protection to if you have a paladin in the raid as it removes the stacks you have, however this should only be used at tank switchs. Make sure the buff is still not active if you are suposed to be taunting the boss, if it is right click it to remove it.

Akeber
10-26-2009, 08:24 AM
Improved Demo Shout makes a difference; or take a warlock or hunter with the top rank attack power reduction debuff

Paladins specced 2/2 into vindication also provide the same debuff. Most prots should be speccing into it, holy or ret generally won't bother.

ae0n3
10-26-2009, 08:31 AM
You should give more detail on when exactly you are dying and how you're handling the fight. Also, you need to do your part improving your gear. The black heart is worlds better than that terrible avoidance trinket. And get rid of those def/exp gems.

Griff
10-26-2009, 10:00 AM
You should be able to eat three stacks in 10 man ToGC. You shouldn't need to use cooldowns on the first rotation of stacks but as rising anger builds, you'll want to be popping your cooldowns for the next set.

Health is low for ToGC10 - you have a lot of defense gems that aren't doing alot for you on this fight. You do know you don't need to gem for every socket bonus, right?

Avoidance can be generally cool, but there's too much unavoidable damage in ToGC for it to be a strong contender against EH.

Try a different spec with improved demo.

Are you using Indestructable pots?

Run Ulduar 10 Hodir HM and see if you can dig up the shield he drops.