PDA

View Full Version : Weak DPS, no way out? (fury)

Athorist
10-26-2009, 03:41 AM
I am pretty fresh to WoW, about 4 months of gametime, loving it though save an issue that's been gnawing away as a fury warrior. My DPS hovers around 2.2-3k in 5 mans and 3-3.8 k at best in 10 mans.
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Steamwheedle+Cartel&n=Guenevi%C3%A9re)
This is my gear level, is it just because I have so low item level gear still or should I be able to do more DPS? I have been reading up on fury rotation some but even when I follow the BT>WW>BT>(HS if plenty of rage)>BT>WW pattern, have event alert for slam and always flask with endless rage and keep bloodrage up together with my battle shout I never seem to get above 3.8k dps.
and can't even dream of flatting up to 4k even rate on boss when all buffs are in place.
I notice increase when ever I gear higher tier, but I can't help but to wonder if i just am doing something wrong.

Any advice? I know there are kickass furies out there doing 3k DPS in blue gear :P

DogShep
10-26-2009, 09:27 AM
In my opinion your dps seems fine for the gear you have. You're low on hit from what I've been told about fury. I'd grab a 20hit enchant for your gloves and try for some more hit gear.

Do you feel low on rage at any point? The main reason I go for more hit is to make sure I have enough rage with white hits.

Hope I helped a bit.

Athorist
10-29-2009, 10:05 AM
You did help me some, and yes, I am currently actually saving emblems for better pants I can gem for str, expertise and enchant for what is there already.

I don't seem to be lacking rage but that's because I spam my bloodrage when I deem necessary and charge into battle for 25 base rage to start off with. Also many people say that my hit is high enough and a bit over. which seems to hold true as I don't see any misses when behind the boss.

Also I keep killing bugs and other critters to sustain base rage when possible just to be able to act when necessary.

The fact that I feel my DPS to be weak is because there's a few warriors in my "sister guild" who do about 1 k more dps and have more even output and about the same gear. Asked them help with talent points but that increased my dps only by couple hundred.

squats
10-29-2009, 10:15 AM
Remember to always use heroic strike if you are flooded with rage. If you ever sit at 100 rage your loosing dps. If your rage starve yourself, your loosing dps.
Fury dps is all about learning to balance rage gained and rage loss.

also. you are over hit cap. you only need 5% alone to maintain your rotation. While extra hit isnt a bad thing, it isnt ideal to gem for it after 5% (4% if you have a draenei)

Enchant your cloak with 22 agility.

also, herbalism and alchemy are very good for making money, but having jewel crafting and blacksmithing will be a decent dps increase.

keep runing your daily heroics and try getting into ToC 10 groups. Get your T9 ASAP.

Griff
10-29-2009, 10:30 AM
The dps warriors in my guild often recommend that lesser geared warriors run an arms spec until they gear sufficiently to support decent fury dps - you might give that a try and see if you have better output.

Also, look into getting a Darkmoon Card: Greatness (strength) to replace the crit trinket you've got.

Athorist
11-02-2009, 07:36 PM
The dps warriors in my guild often recommend that lesser geared warriors run an arms spec until they gear sufficiently to support decent fury dps - you might give that a try and see if you have better output.

Also, look into getting a Darkmoon Card: Greatness (strength) to replace the crit trinket you've got.

Working on the Darkmoon card, I am better geared for fury at the moment, but thanks for the suggestion.

I have been pondering whether to get 225 more armor or agility for my upgrade cloak. I guess agility even though it is not as useful for warrior as it is for hunter.

Daily heroics I never miss, and ToC10 I have really hard time getting into, too low tier gear they keep saying, but then again if my only upgrades are Ulduar or ToC, ulduar being hardly an option with only 1 or 2 items worth upgrade (ring, pants) and sad drop rates on them, I can't see how to gear upwards for ToC which is required way to upgrade (for ToC10 if I listen to ToC10 PuG raid leaders)

What sort of annoys me is that they exclaim that my gear sucks as if they are first to notice it, and as if I was completely oblivious to the fact even though I am trying to get in there for the gear, not for the "emblems" or achievements.

cid
11-02-2009, 07:49 PM
One thing I would do is enchant your offhand with berserking as well, if you can afford it. The procs stack. It's worth it.

The only other problem I see is that your expertise is low. I'd take that +20hit gem you have in your gun and replace it with +20 expertise. Your expertise goal is a 6.50% reduction in chance for your attacks to be dodged. Same thing with the +hit gem in your gloves. You need expertise more than you need hit right now. You can lose the 44 +hit you have from those two gems and still have enough. Either that, or get the T9 legs from Emblems of Triumph. Those have a ton of expertise on them.