PDA

View Full Version : Help Me Optimize My Avoidance Please!

Deevious
10-25-2009, 11:38 PM
Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Khaz%27goroth&n=Deevious)

Gem Slots:
1 Meta
5 Blue
3 Yellow
1 Red
1 Prismatic

All but 1 Yellow have Stamina gems in them.

How can I optimize my Avoidance?

Thanks,
Deev

videsh
10-26-2009, 02:55 AM
Your avoidance is fine. You have as much as me, your health is lacking though. You might want to pick up some stam trinkets, but your avoidance would plummet 2-3%

Deevious
10-26-2009, 01:54 PM
Your avoidance is fine. You have as much as me, your health is lacking though. You might want to pick up some stam trinkets, but your avoidance would plummet 2-3%

I've been reading that you should keep your Dodge and Parry at a ratio of 1.8:1 mine is over 2:1. Thats why I need someone to help me work out how I can get it down to 1.8:1. I have the two Brewfest Trinkets if I need them but I have no problems tanking with the HP I have.

Aggathon
10-26-2009, 03:27 PM
You really are pretty low in the HP department, if you want to tank anything besides naxx or heroics you could use more hps, don't worry about optimizing avoidance. I have no idea what my dodge/parry ratio is and I also don't care, lol.

Only real suggestion I have is to put 225 armor to cloak, it's better. And even then 16 defense is better than 22 agi. You could also probably go 275 hps to chest, and change your shoulder enchant to the 30 stam 15 resil enchant and still be uncrittable.

Edit: HOLY MEATBALLS BATMAN! THAT'S A LOT OF DODGE! Seriously your dodge % is really high. Like... good for you for having that much, but it isn't really necessary.

uglybbtoo
10-26-2009, 09:14 PM
Ditto as above .. your HP sux for your gear level.

Some of the content you should be tanking the damage is unavoidable and your dodge will count for nothing.

Deevious
10-26-2009, 10:24 PM
Ok cheers guys.

I'm just going to say I have no problem tanking Ony 10/25, VoA 10/25 and ToC 10 with the HP I have but I will use a HP Trinket to boost it up. :)

And I will swap some enchants around cheers.

uglybbtoo
10-26-2009, 10:52 PM
I presume you are an OT for ony 25 because I wouldn't like to heal you as MT you would barely have 41K even with stam trinket. Thats just stressing the healers for no reason and when you are feared and getting belted in back of head your massive dodge does nothing so you would go from being easy to heal while standing face on to HP plummetting like a brick when you get feared.

Vindicatar
10-26-2009, 10:57 PM
The reason for the dodge: parry ratio of 1.875:1 is the point at which parry become more effective to stack over dodge due to diminishing returns. but this means u will use like one 10parry/15stam gem and dodge would again be better. ur always better off stacking dodge over parry imo - altho i have been using agi/stam gems for a while now. u lose ~0.02%dodge, but gain some armour and crit. something for nothing imo