PDA

View Full Version : About my DPS as an Arms warrior

videokid
10-25-2009, 11:29 PM
Link to my armory The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Borean+Tundra&n=Videokid)

As of right now in 25 mans im doing around 3.5k-4.5k DPS would this be a normal amount of DPS with my gear?or am i doing something wrong that's bringing my dps down.

Rotation is as follows-Charge-->rend-->MS-->OP-->slam while other abilities are on cooldown giving sudden death priority over MS and OP unless enrage is about to run out then i go with OP using Bladestorm after an OP and MS is on cooldown

Would i notice any kind of DPS increases if i switched all my +str gems with +Apr?

If you have any kind of tips suggestions about my rotation or gemming and gear choices please let me know ^_^

geros
10-26-2009, 03:23 PM
I honestly don't think that's too unreasonable amount of dps given you are at 10 expertise and are using a 219 level weapon. At ~420 ArP I don't think you'll see a benefit to socketing for it over strength.

I'd suggest looking for gear with more expertise to get you up to the dodge cap.

squats
10-26-2009, 03:37 PM
Priority list is as fallows

Rend>Execute>overpower>MS>Slam
let either fall off or refresh it at ~ 1 seccond to avoid DoT and overpower proc clipping.

Use BS on CD

at the begining of the fight, Charge->Rend->MS

Weapon damage is a huge part of your DPS because almost all of your abilities are based from weapon damage.

For you, you would probably gain more if you started to pug ArP gems in.

SixStringsXD
10-27-2009, 09:55 AM
Just remember that every 6 seconds your overpower will proc and this is to never be missed.

So after your typical Charge, Rend (you now have two abilities to use until overpower procs - use mortal strike, slam - then overpower). Mortal strike will not be up and if sudden death execute isn't up, you slam again.

Slam is always last for your priorities. Until you reach 20% on the bosses health, your priority to hit is overpower (this almost ensures DW will always be up), SD execute, then mortal strike.

After 20%, rend is to always be up, overpower needs to always be hit then spam execute. However, execute does still fall behind rend and overpower, you want your DW to always be up and overpower makes sure this happens abuot 90% of the time.

Wenchhunt
10-27-2009, 02:27 PM
No one has mentioned Heroic Strike. When everything else is on CD, queue up a HS. Rince, and repeat, along with Sweeping Strikes/HS.